[UPDATED] European Market Gets Playstation App for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
psapp.jpg

The lucky folks in 'Andy's' European Market should be getting the PlayStation App very soon, if they haven't already. If you are one of our members in France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the UK, give us your thoughts of it in the forums. We shared with you previously about the PlayStation app's features, but here's a quick rundown of what they touted for the European release version:
  • Check out your PlayStation Network trophies and keep up to date with your friends’ games and online status.
  • Share your favourite products or news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.
  • Discover all the latest games, news and hardware for your PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2.
  • Read all the announcements on the European PlayStation.Blog.
This is pretty slick, as it seems to herald even more Android integration with our other entertainment devices. That can probably only be a good thing for consumers in the long run.

[Update] Some enterprising folks over at Playstationlifestyle.net have posted the .apk file for the PlayStation App, so even users in other regions can try it out! Some of it's features are EU specific, like the European PlayStation Blog, and you need to install it using the standard .apk file method, but at least we can check it out. Here are some instructions,
Move the file to your phone’s SD card and install. Don’t forget to allow apps to be installed from non-market sources by going into Settings > Applications > then check the box that allows apps to be installed from Unknown Sources.
Click here for the PlayStation App .apk file.

Source: TalkAndroid and Playstationlifestyle.net

Last edited:

joshoid

Reaction score
That would be a great app for those with PS3's. I wonder what interaction with media is avaiable. I am currently running PS3 trophies to see who's online and trophies.

Great App addition.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Haha and by install in a very specific way, do you mean the standard way almost every apk is installed dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
That specific way is very specific. Almost too specific for me to install. I'm scared I will brick my phone if I don't install it in that very specific way. :icon_eek:

pyro6128

Reaction score
That specific way is very specific. Almost too specific for me to install. I'm scared I will brick my phone if I don't install it in that very specific way. :icon_eek:

Yea I wouldn't risk it. You don't want to accidentally press the apk the wrong way, then BAM, brick city, population? you

riko540

Reaction score
I downloaded it and it works. Still has a few bugs that need to be worked out like the friends list disappearing while you are viewing it. Now they just need to add the ability to send messages to people on your friends list.

rev.buttons

Reaction score
I dl the file and moved to my sd card but every time I click on it, it says parsing error, unable to parse package. Can anyone help me out? I've never had this problem before. I'm on miui 1.1.7 thx
Rev.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I can't get it to keep me logged in, and it is very lacking compared to other apps in the market.