Sony E3 2013 Press Conference (PlayStation 4)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice about video services not requiring PSN+. I still dont understand why MS requires Gold for Netflix....

I have both Gold and PSN+. And to this day I dont even know why I have Gold...lol. Because I rarely play multi player on my 360. I might have jumped on a discount or something.

One thing I thought about at work today....lets say PS4 game makers decide that most of their games will need to be checked online or have heavy online integration. Technically thats not Sony's doing but the game makers. Already I see The Division is gonna be online MMO style. (I STILL want that game yesterday....lol) Watch Dogs ....one demo he sent out an SOS to a mobile player for help (?) I have a feeling most of the games for the XBO and PS4 are gonna integrate online more into the games.

If that does happen....MS requiring online might have been needed. They look smart...and Sony still looks like the good guys because they themselves didnt require it but game makers will.

The next few years is gonna be interesting for next gen consoles....

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think you can argue from both sides when it comes to online content/features. There's no denying both parties want to push online content, but this is something even Sony pushed with the current generation. Remember when ps3 was first announced and how the PSP was supposed to be so well integrated with your PSP (the example they gave was Ridge Racer and using the PSP as a rearview mirror). The integration in Watch Dogs is essentially the same idea, but now more realistic due to the focus that has gone into other markets (tablets, cell, etc), so this vision is more possible.

Now as for making an internet connection mandatory can eventually be a moot point. I'm sure many of us, and especially the ones that complain about it being online, have our current generation of systems already hooked up to the internet whenever we turn'em on. I mentioned in the other One vs ps4 thread about the principle of the matter and that's what is upsetting to me, and I'm sure many others. It's MS not giving their consumers the choice to and also the fact that it's a giant paperweight (when it comes to gaming) without an internet connection after more than 24hrs.

Reaction score
I went to my local GS and was talking with the manger over half his Xbox one per orders are now ps4 per orders at this point. micro$oft has both its feet in its own grave it dug then self's

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think sales for the One will pick up eventually as everyone is hot off E3 and the hammer that Sony dropped. Once the E3 hype fades, I think people will read between the lines of the One specs/agreements and have some time to think they may rethink their decision to get a One or not.

The damage MS has done to themselves is pretty significant though considering they managed to upset majority of console gamers, especially loyal MS fans. We'll see if any adjustments are made between now and the release of the system, but they'll definitely be riding their current ways for awhile as to not show any backpedaling before the release of the system.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Reports are coming in that PS4 is outperforming Xbox One nearly 2 to 1 in Amazon preorders. Not only that, but the PS4 Launch Edition is already out of stock, whereas the Xbox One Day One Edition is still available for pre-order. Lastly, Amazon's Top 20 Best Sellers list is FULL of PS4 products. The top three spots are:

1) PS4 Standard Edition Console
2) Xbox One Day One Console
3) PS4 Launch Edition Console (out of stock)

Here is the full story via Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngau...-already-sold-out-at-amazon/?partner=yahootix

So, have you pre-ordered a PS4 yet?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I just saw the story on Yahoo, pre ordered mine a few minutes ago. Got the Watch Dogs Bundle. I already got PSN+ so wasnt interested in the other bundles.

Sony seems to be more ready than MS... 4 bundles of the PS4 are available? Maybe they anticipated demand.

Last edited:

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Just preordered mine. I was going to get the Xbox but I'm not going to be pushed around by them anymore.

devdeuce

Reaction score
Just preordered mine. I was going to get the Xbox but I'm not going to be pushed around by them anymore.

The only way to send a message and be heard by big companies is to not buy. That will keep them from going even further in the direction they are headed. Good for you. I was going with ps4 anyway, but have more begun working on family members who have always bought xbox.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
The only way to send a message and be heard by big companies is to not buy. That will keep them from going even further in the direction they are headed. Good for you. I was going with ps4 anyway, but have more begun working on family members who have always bought xbox.

I always was Xbox. But I have made my decision for the more consumer oriented company