So, do these phones have lots of problems?

iDr0id

Reaction score
All I ever see is how many people have problems with the dx. It seems like EVERYBODY has at least one issue, whether it be overheating battery, blown speaker, touch screen issues, slow processor, etc. I'm wondering what my odds are that I will actually get one without issues, rather than one with at least one of the many issues I see posted everyday on this forum.

Is the phone really that buggy/defective? Or is all anybody posts about is their problems?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had my phone since the release date and I am quite pleased with it...alot of times, more issues are posted than the "this phone is great" posts...I have had very few issues (issues that I probably caused for myself ;)) than equipment/software issues...

It is a new phone on the market - bugs can be expected..R&D is best utilized in the field by actual end-users....

OP
iDr0id

iDr0id

Reaction score
r&d? Sorry, don't know that term. But it just seems like there is and abundance of issues.. Way to many to comfortably await the arrival of my phone. Somebody give me some peaceful words lol

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Research and Development...

2xhighpsi

Reaction score
r&d? Sorry, don't know that term. But it just seems like there is and abundance of issues.. Way to many to comfortably await the arrival of my phone. Somebody give me some peaceful words lol

The phone is great. You'll love it. Seriously.

Every phone has issues. Nothing is ever perfect out of the box. Don't use the Facebook widget and you will have good battery life.

oo3rex

Reaction score
Hmm, peaceful words...Typically on forums people only post when they are having an issue with something, not when everything is working nicely. Just think of it this way, for every person complaining about a bug or failed hardware, there could be 10 more people not posting because they arent having any problems.

Well..I tried. :)

P.S. - For what its worth, my X has been working flawlessly. I dont regret exchanging my Droid for it at all.

OP
iDr0id

iDr0id

Reaction score
Why shouldnt i use the facebook widget? Any other suggestions on a facebook app?

and r3x i did consider the same thing, so that somebody else was thinking what i was thinking makes me feel a little better haha

Reaction score
Why shouldnt i use the facebook widget? Any other suggestions on a facebook app?

To be perfectly honest, I just use the built in Social Networking stream. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. I'm very much a minimalist when it comes to having multiple apps that accomplish the same end result.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

Trash Can

Reaction score

To be perfectly honest, I just use the built in Social Networking stream. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. I'm very much a minimalist when it comes to having multiple apps that accomplish the same end result.

Initially, I blew off the built-in feature and opted for FB for Android. Then I read about battery drain issues with the update and promptly uninstalled it, so I gave the built-in one the ole college try. It does take a little getting used to, but I actually prefer it now. I've noticed no difference in battery consumption with either. It's all a matter of preference.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I'm digging my Droid X Bigtime! I have had NO problems with this phone at all. Once I figured out the battery issues, I get really good life out of the battery. As a phone, it works very well. That was my main criteria. I needed a good phone. This gets great reception, I never lost a call, and is crystal clear. I don't have the volume problems either. (Knock on wood!)

Scubamike

Reaction score
Optimistic...

I'm digging my Droid X Bigtime! I have had NO problems with this phone at all. Once I figured out the battery issues, I get really good life out of the battery. As a phone, it works very well. That was my main criteria. I needed a good phone. This gets great reception, I never lost a call, and is crystal clear. I don't have the volume problems either. (Knock on wood!)

This is great to hear. My DX is (hopefully) on it's way. I've been reading this forum and was starting to get quite dismayed by all of the complaints and concerns regarding this phone.

Your post gives me some hope. That's refreshing.

OP
iDr0id

iDr0id

Reaction score
I guess the only way to tell is to wait until the dx shows up at my door:motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:

socomdark

Reaction score
smartphones are especially prone to bugs when released so no matter what if you want a new smartphone you will get bugs. it comes with the territory of being the first to buy it. all that we can hope for is that these issues will get resolved which most will when froyo is released next month. if you think droid x has good battery life now then wait until froyo. it can only get better