so frustrated with this phone

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
I had the droid for about a week and i have a couple of problems with it. One is the email and the notifications i have my yahoo account set up on my phone but it doesn't really notify me when new emails come in. When i go on to my email i see like 20 new ones but i nvr got notified. When i shut my phone off and turn it back on all my emails and everything pops up and then it randomly stops working. Is it a problem with all the phones? Is it a defect? Another problem i have is the backlight on the four keys randomly turn on and off is that nornal? These are a couple of issues im having with this i. Don't know whether i should return it for a new one im not sure if it is a derect phone

CongoJack90

Reaction score
The stock email app doesn't have push email notifications. But the K-9 email app that you can get from the market does. And as for the backlight on the keys that's a bug that hopefully will be addresses in the next OTA update.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Oh ok so im a really neewbie at this but what do u mean push email? And do u think my phone has a problem? Should i return it?

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Yahoo does not work well with android because it is imap configuration instead of pop. The best option is forwarding your yahoo mail to your gmail account, then it pushes instantly. Push means it will show up on your phone. The 4 keys at the bottom turn off randomly if you have automatic brightness enabled on your display. If your fingers cover certain light sensors or the light in the room changes, they turn off or on. Pretty sure it's not a bug. Your phone is working how it's supposed to.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
oh ok thanks for the info so all phones have have the same problem with yahoo email

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
oh ok thanks for the info so all phones have have the same problem with yahoo email

It's not just yahoo mail.. As someone stated give K9 a try or forward your yahoo to gmail then use the gmail app.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
ok how would you set it up to gmail? and i just want to know if my phone is defective

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem with yahoo so I went and got K9, but the samething happens with that. I have to shut the phone off and then back on to get a notification for my email. It's really frustrating. I don't need to get me emails pushed to me but I just want it to work like it's supposed to.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
ya thats my problem is it a defect? or all phones are like this i dont know if i should return it

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems from my experience and the experience of those on this forum, that the Android OS really only cooperates well with GMail. I know it sucks, but has anyone considered migrating to GMail completely?

Or setting up a dummy GMail account to forward your other addresses to?

I know it's been said before, but it seems like the only decent option. I dont have any of these personal experiences, I have 4 GMail accounts myself, and my 3 non-GMail accounts all forward to GMail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems from my experience and the experience of those on this forum, that the Android OS really only cooperates well with GMail. I know it sucks, but has anyone considered migrating to GMail completely?

Or setting up a dummy GMail account to forward your other addresses to?

I know it's been said before, but it seems like the only decent option. I dont have any of these personal experiences, I have 4 GMail accounts myself, and my 3 non-GMail accounts all forward to GMail.

If you forward your mail to the gmail account it will work. I think the problem is people trying to set it up as a PoP account instead of imap.

The email problem is not insurmountable, I highly doubt it's the phone.

Happystranger

Reaction score
The only way Yahoo mail will work on your Droid is if you have their premium service which you must pay for. I was having that same probem when I first got my Droid until I contacted both Verizon and Motorola. Supposedly you will be able to sync your regular Yahoo mail account to your Droid with the release of the 2.1 update, but who know when that will be.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
The only way Yahoo mail will work on your Droid is if you have their premium service which you must pay for. I was having that same probem when I first got my Droid until I contacted both Verizon and Motorola. Supposedly you will be able to sync your regular Yahoo mail account to your Droid with the release of the 2.1 update, but who know when that will be.

This is almost true. However, there is a workaround that I did for my fiance's droid. If you change your location to Yahoo! Asia, then you can set up your mail as POP, then forward it to gmail as usual. It's weird I know, but it worked. She has had no issues with her mail either.