so frustrated with this phone

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
i did that and it works but it doesnt notify me of when i get new emails how do you set up your yahoo account on your gmail account

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
i did that and it works but it doesnt notify me of when i get new emails how do you set up your yahoo account on your gmail account

I'm not familiar with Yahoo, but check the settings when you are logged into your email from a computer. There should be an option to forward all messages to another email address. Set this up so that the messages are forwarded to your Gmail account, and you will now have access to all your Yahoo emails from either account.

For example, my primary email address is with my cable provider(Comcast), and although it did work with the email app on the phone, I preferred the options provided by Gmail. Even though people are emailing me @ comcast, I am receiving them on my Gmail account.

dmo580

Reaction score
I think you're looking for IMAP IDLE support which Android e-mail app lacks? The Gmail app uses IMAP IDLE properly so Gmail gets push support. You can try K9 mail which has IMAP IDLE built in.

jmasterman

Reaction score
POP Mail K9 or Default intermitent and stinks...

I'm at a complete loss. I'm on my second Motorola DRIOD in a week and I have the exact same problem. My wife has the same phone with the same POP provider without the problem...
Only difference I have two email accounts through the provider, she has one.
The problem - I can't reliably get my email. It would show up after initial setup/configuration using either built in client or K9. But then simply stops getting new mail or gets 1 out of 30-50 messages. I leave the mail on the server so if I pull it down to my laptop's Outlook client it does not remove it. If I go to Outlook I always have new mail that will not ever show up on my driod. Sometimes I get a "DROID" notification, email icon in the top part of the window, I select the window drop down, go to my email and there is no message to be found.
Any thoughts Ideas? I've spent about 10 hours on this so far and feel the phone is a piece of crap for mail but everything else is good. Before I return this phone permanently I thought I'd try one more time and see if anyone has any thoughts? My pop server is through pop.Reflexion.net

jmasterman

Reaction score
I'm not trying to use Yahoo

Thanks for the reply - but I do not have yahoo email, nor do I want or need it. I have a pop mail account already that worked a charm on my black berry, would like this cool new droid to just do an old school trick - get pop email ;-).

jmasterman

Reaction score
More info on my problem

So, I went to my inbox and deleted all old messages on my POP server except last 5 received. Did a sync and retrieved all 5.

Looks like pop client chokes if there are any large (not really 5 mbs) attachments in your inbox. I had some in there and I'm guessing thats the issue. I'll send a large attachment and test again and see if it chokes off like before...

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
i mean should i return the phone if im having a problem with it or is it a known issue with all the droids?

jmasterman

Reaction score
after sending myself new messages with 2mb and 7mb attachments I'm still OK. Messages are flowing now. However, I'm not convinced it's going to keep working. I hope it does.

Here is the really weird part if you get this problem - you will get a "new mail" icon in the upper left corner of your phone, you'll even get the normal notification sounds, etc. You just will never get the message! Then after dragging the top status bar down and going to our inbox, nothing will be there and it will never try again to get that message.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
i know i keep saying this but are all the droid phones having problems with the yahooo email? should i return it or is it a known issue? is mine a bad phone

mrnelson86

Reaction score
i know i keep saying this but are all the droid phones having problems with the yahooo email? should i return it or is it a known issue? is mine a bad phone

I said this before, earlier in this thread... YAHOO MAIL IS IMAP AND DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH ANDROID PHONES. This is a known issue, your phone is working how it is supposed to. POP3 works with e-mail forwarding and pop3 pickup, imap does not work with GMAIL as well as POP3 does. Plus, the base e-mail (NOT gmail) application on android phones just plain sucks. It has trouble, not sure why. Either download k9, or use the workaround tip with the Yahoo! Asia thing I posted earlier in this thread. Nothing is wrong with your phone, it is the nature of Yahoo! not being compatible with Google.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the information but i cant get facebook notifications on my phone as wel does anyone know y?

bastosero

Reaction score
Yahoo! Mail does work with POP. You guys don't realize that you have to turn it on. Login to your e-mail account and go to the Settings. I have mine set up to use POP and not IMAP. Also, to the OP, after you have set it to POP, you might want to change the interval that it checks for new mail down to 15 minutes. I have two Yahoo! Mail accounts and they are set up to use POP.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the information but i cant get facebook notifications on my phone as wel does anyone know y?

Facebook has issues with pushing notifications to android phones. This issue is on the facebook side and/or the facebook app's side (also a facebook provided app). If you use Bloo (a third party facebook app) you can get facebook notifications quickly.

Yahoo! Mail does work with POP. You guys don't realize that you have to turn it on. Login to your e-mail account and go to the Settings. I have mine set up to use POP and not IMAP. Also, to the OP, after you have set it to POP, you might want to change the interval that it checks for new mail down to 15 minutes. I have two Yahoo! Mail accounts and they are set up to use POP.

Yahoo! mail must have added that recently, the option was not there last fall when I set up my fiance's e-mail to forward itself to her g-mail, I had to use the workaround I mentioned earlier. Thanks for the information though!

Sodner

Reaction score
I get notifications for Yahoo no problem. But I get to many of them. If I get a notification, check mail and don't delete it. I just may get another notification on that same email later. I did try and forward my Yahoo to Gmail but none of the pictures/graphics displayed. It was horrible, so I went back to Yahoo and live with the occasional duplicate notification.

Yes I followed the setup instructions and I even have Yahoo mail PLUS.