Problems with my X

mcmyanks

Reaction score
This is the worst phone that I have ever had, thinking about turning it off and turn my old droid phone back on. My old droid operated better. The X is constantly from 3G with four bars and in a matter of seconds 1X zero bars, it's slow, and one of my main problems I see is my wife and son have the droid 2 and seem to never have problems. A few months ago we went to Dallas, TX area and their phones in 3G full signal and the X in 1X with one or two bars the whole weekend. I have nothing good to say about the X. Anybody else out here have similar problems? Or do I have a lemon? But even if it's a lemon I will never get another X.

Snow02

Reaction score
It's a known complaint. Verizon will send you a new one.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Did ya try *228 send then option 2 to update your programing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya *228 option 2 will update your roaming capabilities. You should do this every few weeks.

OP
M

mcmyanks

Reaction score
I'm not a throwing a temper tantrum, I am comparing this X to my other two droid 2 phones. I update this phone atleast twice a month. Im just saying for what I pay for this phone doesn't perform well. I haven't had a phone to drop from 3g to 1x all the time while my other two droids are just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Bummer

My phone has been a God send. I had a BB Storm before and you talk about a POS. Once you get it dialed in you will be stoked!

turdbogls

Reaction score
the X is a step above any other 3G phone on verizon right now. sounds like you have a "lemon" and you should talk to verizon. i have no issues. in fact, i get better reception with my X than i did with my OG droid.

hotelmrrsn

Reaction score
Recently switched from my original droid to my x, trust me, you have a lemon, this phone is incredible. The only time I ever have issues with 3g/1x is when streaming pandora for some reason, but is not all the time and doesn't bother me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BodyBagz

Reaction score
God forbid you actually be proactive and go to a local Verizon store and explain/show them the problem with the phone and have them replace it...that would just be way too easy...

I have yet since getting my DX in September of last year, to see a 1X...and that includes rural parts of Alabama, as well as out in the sticks of the training areas on Ft McClellan. The Droid X is widely considered the be "the" Droid phone for reception and call clarity...if yours isnt, its a "bad" phone and needs to be replaced by warranty...