Sirius/XM Satelite Radio app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As an XM subscriber, I feel the merger has had negative affects on "both" business units in the company. If I could find another way to listen to O&A live and replay I would drop them. There is a shoutcast station, i found on another thread, that does play them live but not the replay.
SU worked before, it might have to work again. I miss all the other programming we lost on XM with the merger.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been with XM since it launched....I listen to the 50's, 60's, 70's, classic rewind, one of the acid metal channels and XMRaw....that's about it.

It could and should be better....

Seawolf

Reaction score
All I care about is being able to listen to Andrew Wilcow on the Patriot Channel for 3 hours a day, that's worth the $14 and change a month IMO. If they could just give us the same app they gave the iphone folks then I'd be happy.

toofast

Reaction score
Still confused hear...

The official APP will not support Stern...I am a paying suscriber and lifetime member, so I have not problems with a work around for my Droid. Except every work around I find makes no sense. Can anyone point me to a work around to listen to Sirius on a the Android Platform?
Thanks

cderry

Reaction score
Still confused hear...

The official APP will not support Stern...I am a paying suscriber and lifetime member, so I have not problems with a work around for my Droid. Except every work around I find makes no sense. Can anyone point me to a work around to listen to Sirius on a the Android Platform?
Thanks

This is what I do now and have done for a while waiting for the official Sirius/XM app on the Android market.

1. Download "Orb" on your home computer.
http://www.orb.com
2. Download "SiriusXMStreamre on your home computer.
SiriusXMStreamer - Sirius|XM Internet Radio Stream Proxy
3. Create "Interent Radio Favorites" on your Orb. make sure Orb is running.
4. Log into SiriusXMStreamer with your Sirius or XM login and make sure it's running.
5. Open your Droid's browser, go to Orb.com and login. Find the station you created...and Boom.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I found Xiilalive(droidlive) from the market and I get my Howard and Bubba fix......

issues636

Reaction score
Still confused hear...

Thanks

This is what I do now and have done for a while waiting for the official Sirius/XM app on the Android market.

1. Download "Orb" on your home computer.
MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
2. Download "SiriusXMStreamre on your home computer.
SiriusXMStreamer - Sirius|XM Internet Radio Stream Proxy
3. Create "Interent Radio Favorites" on your Orb. make sure Orb is running.
4. Log into SiriusXMStreamer with your Sirius or XM login and make sure it's running.
5. Open your Droid's browser, go to Orb.com and login. Find the station you created...and Boom.

=/ windows only. god sometimes i hate having a mac so much.

toofast

Reaction score
Ok...so I am so close I think.
I got SiriusXMStreamer working...of course since I am a paying customer I assumed it would work, and it was. So one down and Perfect.

I got Orb Setup and working...at least with everything except the Internet Favorite. As I can browse and see my photos from my PC on my Driod...how cool.

What I am confused is HOW exactly to do this?

Create "Interent Radio Favorites" on your Orb. make sure Orb is running.

I see that function in ORB, so I click and get to Add Custom, which is what I assume I do.

So I Create my channel...but it is the Path: that has me confused. I tried using the Published URL from the SiriusXMStreamer - but that failed to open. Any idea HOW to setup a custom Internet Channel using the Sirius XM Streamer?

By the way when I tried playing using the setup above...I get a Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server.

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.