Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agreed, the update sucks. The app is crap and the quality is still crap. It still cuts out, just not as much. And they still can't figure out how to make it go into landscape mode? Really?

It's because the company operates out of Puerto Rico or the Phillipines - don't remember which, but it is a clear goal to place revenue over customer satisfaction.
Those dummies could REALLY make a bundle if they revamped their mission statement.

If they CHOSE to put a good signal out, with a menu like Dish or DirecTV, offering 'tiers' of packaging stations, and focused either on making and pushing the RADIO units, and allowing a relatively inexpensive to a higher-priced subscription is one way; the other, reversed- place a higher value on the programming packaging, offering 'add-on' special packs, like Stern, blackout Sports, Concerts, etc, and a low priced array of receivers, some with a nice range internal speaker system, that would also be cool. If you could go online, pay $140-150 for a portable radio, and then go for a mid-tier programming choice for around $15-20, and a couple of add-ons, like Stern for $3, etc for $3 and their FULL lineup that would include the 'Classics' station with Abbot and Costello, the Shadow, etc, I would have a total of 5 registered units on my subscription, instead of the two car radios, and one portable (that I had to buy a speaker cabinet for). (one for each car, one for home, one for each office-hers and mine).

I'm thinking that the way they operate, will never allow for a 'fair price to product ration. They are good at screwing their client base, so why quit now?

These sukka's need a good competitive player to emerge! :icon_evil:

Idk...I'm pretty pleased with having paid off my lifetime subscription around 2 years ago. Only cost me like $10 more a month or something.

I get no connection problems on wifi. I listen while I get ready for work. Haven't tried on 3g since the update. ANY app could be better, but this one does what I want...plays the stations I want with sound quality that rivals music stored on the device. Worth the $3 a month since that's all the money they get from me anymore.

Emitted from X.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Hmmm....works great on my OC'd Droid 1. No dropouts on wifi or 3G. Wish it'd go into landscape mode, though!

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Sure would be nice if we could get this to work on a Linux laptop or desktop. The Sirius Firefox on Linux plugin no longer works. Since they can't get Linus Torvalds to pay royalties like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs do, they don't want to support it on Linux. :(

I'd pay a couple of bucks for the app, though.

NVash

Reaction score
Question. I have had Sirius on my phone for awhile now but have yet to sign up. From these reviews here I see Im not missing much of anything. I downloaded and installed the Beta version awhile ago. I checked to see if they finally put it in the Market but found nothing there. I have two questions.
1) Is it in the Market yet? Maybe 'Sirius' and 'Sirius Radio' just wasnt a good enough search?
2) In that search I found an app called 'Wunder Radio'. It has four stars and costs about $7. Is it any good? Will it attach to Sirius so that people can get all the channels such as Stern and whatever else the app may have missed out on or is it no good there as well?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Question. I have had Sirius on my phone for awhile now but have yet to sign up. From these reviews here I see Im not missing much of anything. I downloaded and installed the Beta version awhile ago. I checked to see if they finally put it in the Market but found nothing there. I have two questions.
1) Is it in the Market yet? Maybe 'Sirius' and 'Sirius Radio' just wasnt a good enough search?
2) In that search I found an app called 'Wunder Radio'. It has four stars and costs about $7. Is it any good? Will it attach to Sirius so that people can get all the channels such as Stern and whatever else the app may have missed out on or is it no good there as well?

The sirius app isn't on the market. It checks for updates when you start it and directs you to download the latest version. As far as I know, this is the only app to work with Sirius/xm.

It's a beta app on only its second version. Give it time.

Most of the complaints herecare from people who want it to do more. I have no need for landscape. I start up my station and don't come back to the app unless I want to know what band the current song is by or to exit it when I'm done.

The sound quality is good and the connection problem I had hasn't shown up in this new version.

Emitted from X.

SteveInSac

Reaction score
I just installed the XM app on my Droid and so far it's working great. I've had XM for a number of years and listen to it on my Samsung XM radio. The reception has really sucked here in Sacramento and I kept telling myself this was the last year for me. Now I am trying out the 7 day trial and the reception is 100% better on my Droid 1 with 2.2. It's a few minuets behind but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It has cut out only a couple of times compared to the usual amount. The battery on my Droid lasts a lot longer than my Samsung Radio did. Battery life only lasted a little over 4 hours. My Droid was at 50% after 4 hours. This is my first day with it so I will update this if there are any problems.

bryanc1

Reaction score
I've had the Sirius/XM app on both iTouch and Droid for a while now. Listening everyday to CNN while at work. The iTouch/iPhone app has been super stable and was so excited to get the Droid app, I took my Sirius radio out of my vehicle and put it in my wife's, since I was going to use my Motorola t505 to connect my phone's stream to my truck's radio.

Well, guess what? They had the problem with the repeating 2 or 3 minutes a while back. I made the config changes and it worked great again.

Then, Sirius made their updates to the app, thinking it would be stable again. I hurriedly updated it and was thinking how glad I was to have my stability back again.

Guess what....nuh uh.... NOW...I get errors saying that my account has expired or other messages and it doesn't connect. I called in a ticket a few days ago and they said they were having "internet" problems with their apps.

If they hadn't purchased XM, I would consider changing services but now I'm stuck with this crappy and "sometimes" working service. What a joke. Anyone else having app problems with their service?

bryanc1

Reaction score
I've had the Sirius/XM app on both iTouch and Droid for a while now. Listening everyday to CNN while at work. The iTouch/iPhone app has been super stable and was so excited to get the Droid app, I took my Sirius radio out of my vehicle and put it in my wife's, since I was going to use my Motorola t505 to connect my phone's stream to my truck's radio.

Well, guess what? They had the problem with the repeating 2 or 3 minutes a while back. I made the config changes and it worked great again.

Then, Sirius made their updates to the app, thinking it would be stable again. I hurriedly updated it and was thinking how glad I was to have my stability back again.

Guess what....nuh uh.... NOW...I get errors saying that my account has expired or other messages and it doesn't connect. I called in a ticket a few days ago and they said they were having "internet" problems with their apps.

If they hadn't purchased XM, I would consider changing services but now I'm stuck with this crappy and "sometimes" working service. What a joke. Anyone else having app problems with their service?

(Problem With Your State: ACCOUNT_DISABLED Status Code:1)

I'm paid up to date and have a good card on file...lovely.

Canadroid

Reaction score
what's different from having pandora, slacker radio, last.fm etc???
just curious

Because I sub XM in the vehicles already--now I can get my money's worth!

Can't wait to test this on D2. dancedroid

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a lot of drop outs and skips again lately?

Yesterday was horrible, constantly closing the app and rebooting to see if that helped. I don't know if it's the app, the network, or XM Sirius or a combination of them all. So far so good this morning.

badog

Reaction score
I still get drop outs all the time on 3g or wifi, doesn't matter which. Also the song/artist hardly changes anymore. I've tried both stagefright true and false. Doesn't make a difference with that setting either.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
has anyone else og the word that with Howard Stern's new contract he will be available on mobile now!!! I was going to cancell my sub until I heard he was back for 5 more years and WILL be available on the Android app so not only did I renew my sub but I added online

Chris