Sirius XM Android app is here

liam.

Reaction score
So is there a fix for the log in issues?
Yes. Call Sirius/XM to assist you. Have you tried to login on your computer using the online radio with the same account? We can't help you with a login problem, but you can help diagnose the issue before calling them by checking access on the computer.
I tried that already my home computer works just can't log in via my droid

Sent using my DROID!

DetroitMark

Reaction score
Just FYI, installing Easy Root does not root my Droid. It says it does. But when I attempt to access the file system via Root Explorer it still says "mounted as r/o". And there IS NO WHITE BUTTON to change it to read/write. The two softwares do not work for this phone. This fixy doesn't work for everyone. So as of today's date, I am back to waiting for XM to fix their app, or for someone to come up with a better root program to edit the builld.prop file.

Booch_21

Reaction score

pjo1966

Reaction score
I tried to sign up for a free trial with one of the email addresses I hadn't used previously, but it keeps telling my my trial has expired. I'm not going to pay to activate service unless I know the issues had been addressed. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

It would be nice if they released revision notes, but I haven't been able to find anything.

FastKatt

Reaction score
It will say that, you just need to goto your email and get your new code

I'm not impressed with the update.
The only thing they did seem to fix was the repeat play in Froyo 2.2
Still no artwork, still no rotate on the screen...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The old version dropped connection a lot, but the update didn't drop it at all when I was listening yesterday. They need to put the notification in ongoing notifications though.

That, and my phone froze and bogged down the second time I closed the app. Had to restart the phone. May or may not be this app's fault though.

Emitted from X.

STVA

Reaction score
They're morons, the application is still named "Online" in the phone. I really want this app to be good...

Domestic violence

Reaction score
im still on the demo of the app as im thinking of cancelling my XM Roadie and using the Droid exclusively.

that would be a great idea if it didnt constantly loop the broadcast. POS.

STVA

Reaction score
I've done some testing of the app and it still does not work well. I have 3G everywhere I generally go and Pandora, Slacker, etc. work perfectly, yet this thing has constant connection problems. It either cannot connect or randomly cuts out.

Sirius XM is obviously not interested in putting out a quality app, since it does not rotate horizontally either, which is a must for any steaming app.

badog

Reaction score
Agreed, the update sucks. The app is crap and the quality is still crap. It still cuts out, just not as much. And they still can't figure out how to make it go into landscape mode? Really?

jim1974

Reaction score
I agree it blows that the screen won't rotate, but I have no connection problems since the update. Sound quality is fine and the loop is gone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Works well for me when I need it too....

snappingfish

Reaction score
do you wonder why?????

Agreed, the update sucks. The app is crap and the quality is still crap. It still cuts out, just not as much. And they still can't figure out how to make it go into landscape mode? Really?

It's because the company operates out of Puerto Rico or the Phillipines - don't remember which, but it is a clear goal to place revenue over customer satisfaction.
Those dummies could REALLY make a bundle if they revamped their mission statement.

If they CHOSE to put a good signal out, with a menu like Dish or DirecTV, offering 'tiers' of packaging stations, and focused either on making and pushing the RADIO units, and allowing a relatively inexpensive to a higher-priced subscription is one way; the other, reversed- place a higher value on the programming packaging, offering 'add-on' special packs, like Stern, blackout Sports, Concerts, etc, and a low priced array of receivers, some with a nice range internal speaker system, that would also be cool. If you could go online, pay $140-150 for a portable radio, and then go for a mid-tier programming choice for around $15-20, and a couple of add-ons, like Stern for $3, etc for $3 and their FULL lineup that would include the 'Classics' station with Abbot and Costello, the Shadow, etc, I would have a total of 5 registered units on my subscription, instead of the two car radios, and one portable (that I had to buy a speaker cabinet for). (one for each car, one for home, one for each office-hers and mine).

I'm thinking that the way they operate, will never allow for a 'fair price to product ration. They are good at screwing their client base, so why quit now?

These sukka's need a good competitive player to emerge! :icon_evil: