Status
Not open for further replies.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can you guys move the argument to another post; there are people out here who are actually waiting for actual news on the app. Who cares if some shows are there and some are not, if you are paying for the subscription like I am you know what you are getting.

Great Idea...Deleted all the OT posts....

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Can you guys move the argument to another post; there are people out here who are actually waiting for actual news on the app. Who cares if some shows are there and some are not, if you are paying for the subscription like I am you know what you are getting.

Great Idea...Deleted all the OT posts....

Thanks backnblack! That just saved us about 5 pages of posts ;) Now back on target for sirius/xm talks

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Im still in debate with my self to continue Slacker or go for Sirius.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Slacker is great, but from my years with Sirius it can't be matched.

My main problem is the price of Sirius. I listen mostly to music, and Slacker does offer some stand up comedy but no talk radio from what Ive seen. I dont do much talk radio so Im not sure.

But I guess if its a no questions asked 7 day trial I'll give it a whirl.

nerdkill

Reaction score
here's the problem with sirius. and i am/ was a huge sirius fan, i invested and lost a lot of money in sirius. smart phones are getting so popular with services like pandora, slacker, streaming music from your home, etc. the music from sirius (especially since the merger) is horrible. they took away a lot of stations that people really liked. the only thing that they have is exclusive content. the only thing that will save them is exclusive content. most of all the exclusive content is blocked from their app. as far as i can tell sirius is no longer for music, it's for talk radio. fm radio is a dinosaur, and sirius is already going on the endangered list. the future of radio has to be interactive. howard stern has to be on demand, not just looped. you have to be able to skip through songs and rate them like in pandora. unfortunately their tech isn't advanced enough for that.

also, if you have a lifetime internet sub and you think you're going to get to listen for free... think again. your lifetime sub is considered a regular online subcription. you need a "premium online subscription" to listen on your phone. i think it's like an extra 4 bucks a month.

the real question to me is this... with flash coming, are we going to be able to listen to sirius online? i really doubt it, i think that's why they're coming out with an app around the same time as the release of flash. they are going to need an argument for why we can't listen online. "you can't listen to the web based player, but you can listen to our brand new app (that has none of the stations you're looking for but will cost you even more money)"

i've decided i don't care anymore until howard makes his announcement. if he does sign another contract i think i'll just buy a second stiletto so i don't have to deal with this bs anymore.

bababooey and a red dragons to you all!!!

owuaarontsi

Reaction score
I downloaded this apparently on my ipad only to discover that u have to have a premium online subscription. That's crap. I have a lifetime membership

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

And if you are putting it on an Apple device you should be using Pocket Tunes anyway.

Pocket Tunes > Any other streaming app around! It is the ONLY app I still can't live without.

Does pocket tunes do Sirius?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

solorca

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with nerdkill when it comes to Sirius. I have always been an XM guy and I used to love it, but they slowly killed off all of the truly unique music channels that brought me to them in the first place. Special X, On The Rocks, XM Music Lab, etc. were all great and truly original channels that they axed for more top 40 and classic rock stations that you can easily find on any FM dial.

Sirius was the same way. The had great channels and axed them for the same old crap.

When the two merged, they cut even more...completely neutering themselves of any of the original channels that managed to remain.

I'm still amazed that Underground Garage (which is so different in programming style from all of the other channels) has lasted, but I expect that to be the last of the dying breed.

I keep XM/Sirius for the talk...which it still does well. Musically, it's useless and I have plenty of apps on my Droid that can easily surpass them.

Last edited:

coondogg97

Reaction score
I downloaded this apparently on my ipad only to discover that u have to have a premium online subscription. That's crap. I have a lifetime membership
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

And if you are putting it on an Apple device you should be using Pocket Tunes anyway.

Pocket Tunes > Any other streaming app around! It is the ONLY app I still can't live without.

Yes - Sirius, XM, Local AM/FM terrestrial stations. I have yet to look for a channel and this app not find it. The day I picked up my Droid I e-mailed them and asked if they were porting it over to Android. They said if they had enough requests they would. Guess they haven't had enough yet.

You will obviously need a paid subscription to Sirius and XM to stream it.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

yes it does, but wait.. there's more! you don't need a premium online account to use it. also it records. it's great if you're a talk radio fan. i'll record the stern or ellis show at work and listen to whatever i missed on the way home. i think they're waiting to see if the froyo update is going to allow the sirius media player to work before they port it.

currently i use my droid to tether to my iphone in order to use pocket tunes. it works, but it's a pain to do if you just want to listen for a few minutes.

issues636

Reaction score
Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

yes it does, but wait.. there's more! you don't need a premium online account to use it. also it records. it's great if you're a talk radio fan. i'll record the stern or ellis show at work and listen to whatever i missed on the way home. i think they're waiting to see if the froyo update is going to allow the sirius media player to work before they port it.

currently i use my droid to tether to my iphone in order to use pocket tunes. it works, but it's a pain to do if you just want to listen for a few minutes.

if they're waiting for froyo update to release i'm gonna be so pissed. if this app isn't released by june 1st i'm probably gonna end up rooting my droid just to be able to tether to my ipod touch and use the SiriusXM on the ipod.

coondogg97

Reaction score

if they're waiting for froyo update to release i'm gonna be so pissed. if this app isn't released by june 1st i'm probably gonna end up rooting my droid just to be able to tether to my ipod touch and use the SiriusXM on the ipod.

Write the company then and tell them! The more requests they get the quicker they will port it over.

Glad you guys are enjoying the app, it is a great one.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slacker is great, but from my years with Sirius it can't be matched.

My main problem is the price of Sirius. I listen mostly to music, and Slacker does offer some stand up comedy but no talk radio from what Ive seen. I dont do much talk radio so Im not sure.

But I guess if its a no questions asked 7 day trial I'll give it a whirl.
i'm fairly certain that you can JUST buy the internet service at $2.99/mo.

btw, May is almost over...

Status
Not open for further replies.