[Rumor] Sony's Next Flagship (Codenamed Xperia Sirius D6503 or Z2) Pics & Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-D6503-Sirius-white-and-black.jpg

There's no denying that Sony makes elegant and aesthetically attractive devices in the mobile world. For some reason they have not had much success breaking into the US market except for some sparse adoption from a few carriers. Regardless, in European and Asian markets Sony smartphones have seen much better success. Their Xperia line is the most impressive they have ever produced.

[video=youtube;dBaC6uAU5Bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dBaC6uAU5Bo[/video]​

It looks like they will be continuing that trend with their next flagship which will probably launch sometime this year, assuming the leaked pics and video we have found for you today are accurate. The picture shown first is supposedly of the white and black versions of the Sony Xperia Z2 (Codenamed Sirius D6503). The video shows off a prototype of the same device and we even get to see some of the intriguing UI and software tweaks that Sony has added.

The video was created by Rimas Flyil who also shared that “this is not the final software version guys. It’s still on testing.” We also have some intel on specs for the device. Here's a quote with more of the details,

The Xperia Z2 may get unveiled by Sony at its MWC event which takes place on February 24 in Barcelona. It’s not going to be a huge update to the Xperia Z1, it seems, coming with the same 20 MP rear camera, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor as well, but it could get 3 GB of RAM and may run Android 4.4 KitKat from day one.

From the specs it look more like a refresh rather than an entire sequel; however, mobile tech has reached a point where it's tough to leap-frog the previous tech by as large of a margin/pace as it was before. Perhaps smaller incremental upgrades are inevitable in the future evolution of Android.

Source: UnWiredView & BGR

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score

There's no denying that Sony makes elegant and aesthetically attractive devices in the mobile world. For some reason they have not had much success breaking into the US market except for some sparse adoption from a few carriers. Regardless, in European and Asian markets Sony smartphones have seen much better success. Their Xperia line is the most impressive they have ever produced.

Source: UnWiredView & BGR

I love the look of the Sony devices.
I'd buy one tomorrow, *IF* I could get it on my carrier.
I'm not willing to switch carriers for a device.

Make one for Verizon and I'll buy it!!
I'd dump my Galaxy S4 like a bad habit.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Siriusly? (had to do it)

I have a hard time getting passed that 3 inches of phone below the display. I don't see that as "aesthetically attractive" or "impressive". Maybe I would get used to that huge chin if I used one for a while. But it's kind of like that little dent in the side of your new car, no one else may notice it but you see it constantly.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Siriusly? (had to do it)

I have a hard time getting passed that 3 inches of phone below the display. I don't see that as "aesthetically attractive" or "impressive". Maybe I would get used to that huge chin if I used one for a while. But it's kind of like that little dent in the side of your new car, no one else may notice it but you see it constantly.

The Sony line looks cool, but after using my LG G2, it would he hard to go back to something with much larger bezels.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
They need to go back to unlocking there boot loaders. The Z1s has a locked bootloader. I was really considering it cause it looks great. It has great specs though