BREAKING: Sirius/XM App coming in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad4u

Reaction score
+1 for Ellis Ellis > Stern :biggrin:

Cant wait to have this on my phone, I signed up for the internet way back when it was 2.99, just hope it stays that way.

future1.jpg

in studio w/ Ellis

solorca

Reaction score
Every morning I am hoping that this app will be released, and every morning I'm disappointed :(

I'm just hoping that when it is finally released, it will be available on the Incredible. I can't see why it wouldn't, but when they specified the specific phones, it scared me a little.

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
Every morning I am hoping that this app will be released, and every morning I'm disappointed :(

I'm just hoping that when it is finally released, it will be available on the Incredible. I can't see why it wouldn't, but when they specified the specific phones, it scared me a little.

Agreed...at this point I don't think they can just limit it to the Nexus and the Droid like they say. I have a feeling it will work on phones like the Incredible, but since the phone is so new, they probably won't have time to test it thoroughly enough to give it their sign of approval by app launch. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on those phones.

issues636

Reaction score

i do the same thing. EVERY morning i have email, i have come to expect that. so every morning when i wake up and see the email icon, i'm hoping it's the app announcement. =/ it never is.

ladodger

Reaction score
i bet they will release it the last day of the month when howard stern will be on vacation so we wont get to listen for free on the week trial :angry:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone said that the sirius app for the iphone was hacked to make stern available.

I may have already mentioned this in this thread, but I like having MP3s of his show so I can listen to them anytime, rewind, fast forward, etc. It took some setting up but I have my home PC record the east coast feed every morning and upload it to a web server. I love it.

ladodger

Reaction score
If that's true that sucks, I'm able to listen to stern on sirius.com streaming through the media player i don't understand why they wont let you listen to it on the app

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If that's true that sucks, I'm able to listen to stern on sirius.com streaming through the media player i don't understand why they wont let you listen to it on the app

I can only speculate but I think it's because Howard and his agent are control freaks. They only allow his show through satellite and the web site.

issues636

Reaction score

i have the app on my ipod touch (non-jailbroken) and there is no stern. so i'm only guessing that the android and iphone/touch apps are going to be extremely similar. i'm not a stern fan myself so it doesn't bother me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.