Sirius/XM app issue..?

MarkItZero

Reaction score
Currently on MIUI 12.24, Droid 1.

Just installed the Sirius app, it wont stream, it just gives the little loading animation whenever I click a channel then tells me there is no data connection.

Any help?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Booch_21

Reaction score
Running version 1.1.0 and its playing fine on Wi-Fi. Doesn't seem to want to connect on 3G. Getting a network error.

brute48

Reaction score
I have been having this issue since the 12.3 version..... it will only work over WIFI. Looks like it is an app issue.

Booch_21

Reaction score
I went and read that thread. I'm not a member there, plus I haven't used my Sirius app regularly since the 21st. It worked that day, because I play it at work. Those guys were reporting issues on the 17th.

The speculation from that thread is that several apps using 3G may or may not be working right "since the update". Sirius has not issued an app update in quite some time, so that *could* leave the most recent ROM changes as a potential problem. Over my break, I installed MIUI 12.11 first, then 12.24. When I launch the Sirius app under 3G, it does log me in but fails to connect to the last channel, any channel, correctly.

I just did another test. I started the app on Wi-Fi and got it playing "70's on 7". I then switched it to 3G. It played for about 60 seconds on 3G, then the phone went completely dead. Couldn't turn it on from the switch. Pulled the battery and restarted it. After boot, I started the app under 3G. Nothing. Minimized it and turned on Wi-Fi. Not connecting. Shut down the app and restarted it with Wi-Fi and it took off fine. I then repeated shutting down Wi-Fi and let it go to 3G. It has been playing for several minutes and has started a new song. I'm going to leave it on for a bit and see what happens.

Just hoping that what I report may help in diagnosing the problem to someone.

Booch_21

Reaction score
The app played until 1:10 pm my time, when I had woke the phone up. Strange since I had been waking it up a number of times during playback and launching other apps while the Sirius app was minimized. I started it again under Wi-Fi and switched to 3G again. Still going strong.

This is the same app version that I have been running for some time almost daily while at work, for several hours at a time.

Z

ZeroBarrier

The speculation from that thread is that several apps using 3G may or may not be working right "since the update". Sirius has not issued an app update in quite some time, so that *could* leave the most recent ROM changes as a potential problem.

Re-read the thread, the update they are referring to is a stock OTA firmware update. Meaning the app broke after a carrier's/manufacturer's update, which shouldn't happen to an app, ever; especially not one you pay a subscription for.

Booch_21

Reaction score
Look, I don't care, really. It's not like I am going to fix the problem. All I am doing is passing along information and observations based on what I see, period, to others who share similar issues, period.

You just said that an app should never break, ever, after a firmware update. Apparently it did since the Sirius/XM app is not the only one affected. From the thread that you linked to:

The scary thing is that this update broke more streaming audio apps than just XM. I use another app called ElectricFM and it does the exact same thing the XM app does. Works on wifi, but not on 3g/4g. This fix should probably come from Sprint/HTC/Google.

This does effect numerous music streaming apps.

I have been in contact with the Thumbplay support team and this is their response on the issue.

For any HTC EVO users who received the 3.70.651.1 update pushed in the last 1-2 weeks by Sprint - Thumbplay Music has become aware that this update has changed the Android platform to proxy all HTTP traffic on Sprint's CDMA data network through a broken proxy which breaks Thumbplay Music and many other media streaming apps.

Google, HTC, & Sprint have been engaged regarding this issue but we do not have an ETA . In the meantime, Thumbplay Music will continue to function properly over wifi networks.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but geez Louise, I'll stop posting my observations if that makes this thread more productive. But, it sure looks to my untrained eye like there is something else going on here beyond this single app.

moto37

Reaction score
Ver 1.1 works fine with sourcery 1.0

Sirius xm app ver 1.1 works great with sourcery rom, 3g and wifi. Wasn't able to get it to work with CM 6.1.2.

Booch_21

Reaction score
Sirius/XM app is working this morning!

No clue why it all of a sudden started working over 3G, but it is. I downloaded a couple of apps this morning, one being TuneIn radio. I wanted to try it and see if it played, which it did. Then I tried Sirius/XM and it is playing. I'm not aware of any updates to anything overnight, and the app has not been updated. I'd love to reboot the phone and see if its a quirk, but I'm not sure that I want to roll the dice!

Anyone else?

brute48

Reaction score
No luck for me...... It will work on WIFI. I can then turn off WIFI and then it will work on 3G until I exit the app. It will not start again until I turn on WIFI.:icon_evil:

hixie5

Reaction score
Unfortunately this work around won't work for me since I am attempting to use at work with no open WiFi to connect to. A few other streaming apps I use do the same thing, DI.fm being one of them.

sayitaintso

Reaction score
this fix worked for me

Found this "fix" and it seems to work....

dial ##3282#
(enter msl unlock code--Sprint rep will provide...)
edit mode
advanced
change HTTP proxy port to 0
change HTTP proxy address to 0.0.0.0

Worked for me.
Not certain if this helps fix all connection issues or if this is the best work around