Sirius/XM app issue..?

hixie5

Reaction score
Found this "fix" and it seems to work....

dial ##3282#
(enter msl unlock code--Sprint rep will provide...)
edit mode
advanced
change HTTP proxy port to 0
change HTTP proxy address to 0.0.0.0

Worked for me.
Not certain if this helps fix all connection issues or if this is the best work around

Thanks sayitaintso!

But I think that fix is just for the EVO on Sprint, won't work for Droid on VZW. I have however attempted to apply the proxy changes through the MIUI settings menu and that doesn't seem to help either.

Maybe I'll have to wipe and flash up to 12.31?

qkpony

Reaction score
Mine hasn't worked since I loaded 12.31.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mrbworm

Reaction score
Sirius XM App is useless

Has never worked on my Droid X, pre and post upgrade. It will not quit and if you try to quit it too many times, it will cause you to have to pull the battery on the droid as it will not shut down.
Developers are either idiots, on crack, or both.

Sturge[Droid]

Reaction score
do u have the newest update? it works on my girlfriends droid x. do u have the premium membership? itll only work with that. pm me and do have screen shots?

mrbworm

Reaction score
Yep. Got 1.1 app and have had premium since I had my iphone. Tech support said it was nothing they can do. I don't even use the app anymore and just use pandora.

mrbworm

Reaction score
Has the normal stops and starts and restarts that you get on Xm online or on iphone, but it will not quit. When you go to quit it will still be live and if you quit it three times in a row, the droid will freeze and you need to pull the battery out.

fuller82

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get Sirius to work? I love this rom and the Sirius app not working is the only issue I have with it.

mnmbaldwin

Reaction score
After hours on the phone with sirius "listener care", resetting ID and passwords etc. etc. problem ultimately resolved when i called their headquarters. Sirius works fine on my droid x on Verizon. But will only work on wifi on sprint. App closes fine too. My problem was that it worked for months and then stopped. Error message that i was a basic subscriber and you have to be premium. I thought i was premium because i have a lifetime membership with listening online privileges. 2 reps even mistakenly confirmed i was premium. The lady, jody, at headquarters, said i was not premium and that the app would be $2.99/mo. (worth it for howard) They comp'd me for a year for my hassle (wasted several hours talking to uninformed agents with really hard to understand accents - i mean no offense) anyway, that fixed it. My wife is on sprint and they confirmed that sirius only works on wifi with sprint. The rep at sirius said they are working on fixing that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fuller82

Reaction score
I have premium. Sirius would work fine on stock Tom or ultimate Droid for that matter. But in miui it would show me the song that should be playing but would never connect and eventually timeout. However after streaming tunein radio for a while Sirius started working again. I now love my Droid again, miui is fantastic.