Sirius Streaming?

coondogg97

Reaction score
While searching for shoutcast in the market I came across Droidlive lite that streams shoutcast. You can pickup Howard 101 on it as well as some good music stations.

I'd like to have sirius on my phone as well. Hopefully one will be available soon.

Nice find, im streaming Howard 101 as we speak.. The guy that laughs at everything....HAHAHAHA! This is what I was looking for.. I :heart: :motdroidhoriz:

Rikybob

Reaction score
Amazing............

nice find...........what a great forum!

R/B

Zippster

Reaction score
While searching for shoutcast in the market I came across Droidlive lite that streams shoutcast. You can pickup Howard 101 on it as well as some good music stations.

I'd like to have sirius on my phone as well. Hopefully one will be available soon.

Nice find, im streaming Howard 101 as we speak.. The guy that laughs at everything....HAHAHAHA! This is what I was looking for.. I :heart: :motdroidhoriz:

StreamFurious also had howard but the channel has been down for at least a week now. :icon_evil:

Inundated

Reaction score
StreamFurious also had howard but the channel has been down for at least a week now. :icon_evil:

StreamFurious never "had" Howard Stern via Shoutcast...it had some Sirius subscriber feeding the show via his/her computer.

These feeds go away quickly, usually when the Sirius XM lawyers catch up with them.

Zippster

Reaction score

StreamFurious never "had" Howard Stern via Shoutcast...it had some Sirius subscriber feeding the show via his/her computer.

These feeds go away quickly, usually when the Sirius XM lawyers catch up with them.

Sorry I didnt word it correctly there Skippy, but it was ON streamfurious regardless of who was providing it.. It was on there for quite awhile though so looks like their legal depts were quite slow which surprised me.

*Should also add it is back ON streamfurious again from someone, somewhere. ;)

Last edited:

Inundated

Reaction score
Well, it's important to note the distinction, as these feeds (on Shoutcast) come and go not only depending on legal threats from Sirius XM, but depending on the whims of the person providing the Shoutcast feed. Without that knowledge, some assume that it's somehow an official feed, which it isn't, and are upset when it goes away.

Get it while you can :)

Sirius XM does actively move to squash these feeds, but they don't find them instantly or always shut them down in the same time frame, and it's trivial to start a "new" channel it'll take the company longer to find.

Last edited:

psellitto

Reaction score
SiriusXMStreamer and Tversity seem like they might be the right combination. But what app should I use to access the stream from the Droid, and yes I have a Sirius account.

permanence designs for SiriusXMStreamer

TVersity - Home for Tversity

-Pete

Phreaker47

Reaction score
SiriusXMStreamer and Tversity seem like they might be the right combination. But what app should I use to access the stream from the Droid, and yes I have a Sirius account.

permanence designs for SiriusXMStreamer

TVersity - Home for Tversity

-Pete

I've been using these two apps for quite some time... but I can't get SIR to stream to the Droid regardless... no matter what configurations and transcoding options I try setting up, it is always an ASF file that comes to my droid which of course cannot be played. It works fine to play SIR on my PS3s in the house, but I can't get it going on the Droid. There must be a way to get my PC to transcode the stream requests to MP3 so the Droid sees it as streaming MP3 instead of ASF.

What we really need is the Android equivalent of stream_ON for Windows. That is the goal! I would Paypal a nice donation to anyone that gets this out in a heartbeat!
Just getting the sirius.com web player working is not an attractive solution... you still have to deal with captcha images, and "are you still listening" prompts you have to answer to. Clunky.

Last edited:

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
We have SiriusXM and heard a commercial this weekend which stated an Android app was in the works.

I wonder if the app is/will be like the online access. All the channels are not included online. For instance, you can't listen to Radio Classics. I wouldn't want it if you can't listen to all of the channels.