Show your custom keyboard

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I couldn't help but make one more tweak.. note new spacebar logo :)

7130d1272581921-show-your-custom-keyboard-kb-device-does.png

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
While I was at it I made a new Notification Pull Down Screen, 50% Transparent Black with matching "Droid Does" logo to match the space bar..

Screen Caps show it all the way down and the next one is me holding half way.

7134d1272590888-show-your-custom-keyboard-notify-device.png

7135d1272590901-show-your-custom-keyboard-notify-device-2.png

gIMpSTa

Reaction score
Greetings :)

Glad you guys are enjoying my site, I love that I continue to find random forums with people singing praise about my little creation :)

Some updates I hope to have this weekend:

Ability to upload separate landscape and portrait backgrounds (currently, you are kinda locked into uploading one with portrait dimensions, which ends up centered with a colored wall behind it in landscape mode, that'll change).

Custom symbol set colors (pick any color you want and generate a symbol set, this is VERY close to live).

Hopefully some more choices for key colors will come soon too. That seems to be my number one request (ability to choose any color for keys). I wish it were that easy, but as these are .9 pngs, I could write something to generate them all day long, but they would not be properly .9 patched and thus would like crap. I have some ideas for this, but currently unsure of how feasible they are.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Glad you guys are enjoying my site, I love that I continue to find random forums with people singing praise about my little creation :)

Ability to upload separate landscape and portrait backgrounds (currently, you are kinda locked into uploading one with portrait dimensions, which ends up centered with a colored wall behind it in landscape mode, that'll change).

Custom symbol set colors (pick any color you want and generate a symbol set, this is VERY close to live).

Hopefully some more choices for key colors will come soon too. That seems to be my number one request (ability to choose any color for keys). I wish it were that easy, but as these are .9 pngs, I could write something to generate them all day long, but they would not be properly .9 patched and thus would like crap. I have some ideas for this, but currently unsure of how feasible they are.

Gimpsta...the man himself!!

Cool, Welcome!!! Too funny, I was thinking about contacting you and inviting you over to see us.

GREAT JOB on the Custom KB site.!!!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

i like your work....keep it rolling.

manningfan10

Reaction score
While I was at it I made a new Notification Pull Down Screen, 50% Transparent Black with matching "Droid Does" logo to match the space bar..

7134d1272590888-show-your-custom-keyboard-notify-device.png

7135d1272590901-show-your-custom-keyboard-notify-device-2.png

do you have to root to do that?

manningfan10

Reaction score
Here is mine with syracuse colors and a skull and lax sticks custom logo for you lax fans

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

do you have to root to do that?

Yes, you need root.

gIMpSTa

Reaction score
Gimpsta...the man himself!!

Cool, Welcome!!! Too funny, I was thinking about contacting you and inviting you over to see us.

GREAT JOB on the Custom KB site.!!!

i like your work....keep it rolling.

gimpsta thanks for this. This is great.

/me bows :)

Thanks to everyone's suggestions this site has grown way bigger then I ever anticipated! I wasn't sure how popular it would be and figured, at the end of the day I'd have a badass way of producing custom skins for requests if people weren't digging the site. But something like 3500 skins generated in a week since I posted made me realize people REALLY love being able to completely customize it any way they like!

I have some ideas for similar projects once I get to a point that this one can truly "run on its own."

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey gimpsta can I request a keyboard with live wallpaper in the background.:hail:

......too bad there isnt a 49er live background out yet :sad:.

gIMpSTa

Reaction score
hey gimpsta can I request a keyboard with live wallpaper in the background.:hail:

......too bad there isnt a 49er live background out yet :sad:.

As sweet as it sounds, don't think its very feasible. If we had source to work with this keyboard it might be possible, but I would imagine it would involve somehow recreating code to display livewallpaper.