AirborneTB RC1B2 (3/24/11)

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
What I did to update Launcher Pro to 0.8.4. Seems like a ton of work but it took me only a few minutes.

1 - Go into Preferences from the home screen then select "Backup homescreen & settings." This will save how you got things setup along with your Launcher Pro Plus registration information.

2 - Download another launcher then hit home once installed. Select the new launcher as your default.

3 - Get an uninstaller. Run the uninstaller then uninstall Launcher Pro.

4 - Reboot phone to clear memory.

5 - Download the new Launcher Pro from market.

6 - Uninstall whatever launcher you just installed.

7 - Download Home Switcher for Froyo then run. This will let you get things switched back to Launcher Pro as your default as for some odd reason it won't default to it right away.

8 - Go into Preferences from the home screen then select "Restore backup." This will restore your home screen settings outside of any widgets which you'll have to restore yourself. Also this will restore your Launcher Pro Plus registration.

NattyBee

Reaction score
What I did to update Launcher Pro to 0.8.4. Seems like a ton of work but it took me only a few minutes.

1 - Go into Preferences from the home screen then select "Backup homescreen & settings." This will save how you got things setup along with your Launcher Pro Plus registration information.

2 - Download another launcher then hit home once installed. Select the new launcher as your default.

3 - Get an uninstaller. Run the uninstaller then uninstall Launcher Pro.

4 - Reboot phone to clear memory.

5 - Download the new Launcher Pro from market.

6 - Uninstall whatever launcher you just installed.

7 - Download Home Switcher for Froyo then run. This will let you get things switched back to Launcher Pro as your default as for some odd reason it won't default to it right away.

8 - Go into Preferences from the home screen then select "Restore backup." This will restore your home screen settings outside of any widgets which you'll have to restore yourself. Also this will restore your Launcher Pro Plus registration.

Indeed...I was thinking the same thing basically.. except without Home Switcher...and I was going to remove it via root explorer, lol.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
You know...I'm thinking this rom is giving me terrific battery life. .just wanted to mention that...

You'll keep us informed when the update comes?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, though I am am member on XDA, I can't post under the Dev section I think?

By loading the ROM, can you still have a Launcher loaded and use the Sense Widgets?

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Yeah, though I am am member on XDA, I can't post under the Dev section I think?

By loading the ROM, can you still have a Launcher loaded and use the Sense Widgets?

The ROM itself does not come with the Sense stuff. There's the Sense addon that adds it. However the Sense stuff from my experience won't work with Launcher Pro.

DevilMan

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the FM Radio app? I use it a lot and most of the ones I found online I cant get to work.

sk8

Reaction score
I'm looking to flash this ROM, I'm on firmware 605.6 , is this a problem? Or does flashing the ROM bring the firmware up to date (605.9)?

sent from a sweet paper weight.