[ROM] Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3 [02-8-11] Fast, Beautiful, and Simply Magnificent

dmbtimmyb21

Reaction score
INC_RE'ED is top-notch

Newbie here to this forum. Pleasure to "meet" fellow Android-devotees. This ROM is by far one of the best out there. I have tested numerous ones (Stock/Ported Sense/AOSP/Hybrids), and Incredibly RE-Engineered is right at the top for my D'inc. Smooth, fast, responsive, great battery life, awesome tweaks, etc etc. The developers behind this one display their talents at full force. Thank You.

~TimmyB dancedroid

chalie1980

Reaction score
Hulu disappeared

i dont know what happened, hulu just disappeared on me

jguffain

Reaction score
GPS Issues

Asking again. Is GPS working for everyone? I can't get my location via Google Maps.

Speaking of Google Maps, is anyone else having issues updating it?

chalie1980

Reaction score
I could not get the gps thing to work eather i was using the latitude app and well no luck updating locations or viewing any ones location, not sure what to tell ya man.....sorry

z28man1980

Reaction score
sad, so sad...

I have read this forum forwards and backwards about how great it is, but I cannot get it to install. It just says install aborted when I try and do it. Sure wish there was a link to an ACTUAL step by step after the phone is rooted. All I can find is vague instructions, but no way to change settings if something doesn't work. SUCKS !!!!:icon_evil:

javaguy216

Reaction score
I love this Rom. I have been running a few and always seem to come back to this one. One small problem..... I cannot send MMS/Picture Messages. I am using Verizon Network and it seems I cannot edit the MMS connection settings, which are defaulted to Sprint. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

OP
C

chingy51o

Reaction score
I love this Rom. I have been running a few and always seem to come back to this one. One small problem..... I cannot send MMS/Picture Messages. I am using Verizon Network and it seems I cannot edit the MMS connection settings, which are defaulted to Sprint. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

go check on the xda thread. theres a metamorph that has the fix there

chiadrum

Reaction score
GPS Voice Commands

Has anyone had any trouble with this?
My phone gest stuck in "searching for location" forever but when I launch through the Navigation app it is all good.
My only complaint with this killer ROM.

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
I downloaded this rom for my wife and I. Now we can receive calls but not send calls. What's that all about?
BTW i am totally in love with the rom! But a phone should work like a phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
I just got an incredible (upgraded from the og droid) a few days ago and I immediately fell in love with the gingerbread theme, its so sexy. Not to mention that I can actually use all the 7 screens without the device lagging is even sexier.

Any chance you can get those pictures to work? Also the mediafire links for the battery mods are broken.

smtom

Reaction score
Z28, jguff - the maps thing is tied to Google account, you should see a permission request in the notification bar. If when flashing the ROM and it says install aborted, go ahead and boot device, that is tied to the HBOOT version, boots fine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

lievense81

Reaction score
Installation aborted

Cannot install because amend scripting is no longer supported in the ClockworkMod 3.0. Tells me to switch to Edify scripting(updater-script and update binary) to create working update zip packages. Not sure what any of that means. Anyone have a idea on what to do?

brando56894

Reaction score
I absolutely love this rom! The theme is so sexy i (almost!) get a hard-on every time I look at it lol The only problem that I have is the black market only stays active for one launch and then it defaults back to the green market. Upon rebooting the black market is back, but it asks me to agree to the ToS. Anyway to fix this? I love the black market!

Flash back to clockworkmod 2.5 to install it.

lievense81

Reaction score
Can someone post the CWMR.zip file so I can flash back to CWM 2.5? XDA forums has it but will not give it up unless your a member and I can't get member permissions lol. I'm probably just being impatient but it'd be nice to have here. Sounds like others are having my same issue.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Can someone post the CWMR.zip file so I can flash back to CWM 2.5? XDA forums has it but will not give it up unless your a member and I can't get member permissions lol. I'm probably just being impatient but it'd be nice to have here. Sounds like others are having my same issue.

I had originally used unRevoked to root my Incredble. I'd since updated Clockwork using RomManager. I JUST installed this rom today, i ran into the same issue with Clockwork Recovery. I found that the copy of unRevoked i'd used to root, uses ClockWork 2.5.2... I re-flashed with that, and then i was good to go.

Might be worth a try.