The guys at XDA are still playing around with some nice things! Now they transferred the damn goot HTC software keyboard to DROID.
Check this out!
The low res hack is based on the version posted by Cyanogen.
The high res hack is based on the version posted by modaco.
JesusFreke for smali/baksmali. Couldn't do this without his work.
Low res isn't updated in a while. All versions of it are found below. Language settings hack applies to low res, other new hack don't.
- Customizable language settings
- Installs also on Android < 2.1
- Custom word candidate bar that raises the keyboards so dictionary won't cover the app you type in
- Prediction in fields with own suggestions (search bar etc.)
- Prediction in fields that sets the filter flag
- Disable automatic capitalization
- Play sounds in silent mode
- Set sound level
- Automatic space insertion
- Enable prediction with cursor in or adjacent to existing words (QWERTY only)
- Enable a space bar key in URL keyboard (experimental)
- Prediction for physical keyboard (reported working, not tested by me)
- Support for German QWERTZ hard KB layout
- Show voice input button for all keyboards
- Use Google development server for voice (supports German but isn't online 24/7)
- Position of word candidate list is saved if you long press and move it
- Left align word candidate list
- MANY HTC bugs fixed, the changelog for a few of them
- Droid landscape support with resolution related glitches
All hacks are configurable in the settings dialog.
- Download High resolution version (v13) (see below for changelog)
- Unzip and install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a file manager or adb install -r).
- Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Select Touch Input and enter Touch Input settings.
- To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field
- To update from an older version of this mod keeping settings/user dictionary please use Linda File Manager (or other file manager that can reinstall apps) and select OK to the question about replacing application. Another option is "adb install -r HTC_IME.apk"
Custom language settings (optional):
You probably wont use all these languages, so I added a way to filter and reorder the list. Put the included file ".htcime" in the root of your SD card. Remove or comment the languages you don't want with #. Remount SD, exit settings and reenter. Your revised language list should now be there.
You can also reorder the languages by reordering the lines in .htcime. The numbers are language ID's used internally by HTC_IME. Everything after the space is just the display name. Don't change the number to change the order of the languages, change the actual order of the lines in the file! If you enter "0 Swedish" on a line, all you will accomplish is renaming English to Swedish.
I don't know which of the listed languages that actually work. All of them are constants listed in HTC's source code. That's where I got them.
Now you can use settings button on the HTC keyboard when typing to quickly enter settings and change language as needed.
Configuring my hacks
Since v8, hires version features configurable tweaks. Check the settings dialog (screen shot below). Word candidates showing over what you are typing? Blame HTCor use my custom features. The word candidate bar is totally custom made. It's supposed to mimic the stock keyboard. If you don't want to use it, you can move the word candidate list up and down by long pressing and dragging. The location will be saved for next time you open the keyboard.
Some options modifies stuff that are set when the keyboard first loads. Thus you need to kill it for changes to take effect (or reboot).
- Try an older version
- Read the thread, your question might me answered already
- Force Close? Never report this unless you have logs from when it happened. FC reports without logs are useless for fixing the cause.
- Uninstall other versions before installing mine. Upgrade from an earlier version of my mod is possible, see above.
- If you have any other version installed in /system/ you have to delete /system/app/HTC_IME.apk and clean your pagackes.xml before installing this version.
Donations are appreciated. Donate here.
- Version 13: Option: left align word candidate list. Fixed: experimental Droid 2.1 landscape support, more robust period insertion on space double tap, rare FC when moving the candidate list (HTC bug), typing " I'm " with compact qwerty (HTC bug), FC when clicking on disabled T9 toggle button (HTC bug), better compatibility between space insertion and smileys, User dictionary is no longer a pain to manage due to scrolling (consequence of HTC incompetence, learn how to use ListViews and Adapters guys!)
- Version 12: Fixed rotation issues in some apps (ie Terminal). T9/ABC setting is now remembered when switching between letter/number views (HTC's bug, not mine)
- Version 11: Fixed saving position of word suggestion list (a typo caused the same value to be used for all orientations). Fixed auto cap in browser with physical keyboard.
- Version 10: Many new options (see feature list). Fixes: voice input in all keyboards, voice input didn't capitalize correctly, "speak now" dialog showing to early, prediction not showing for passwords anymore, auto capitalization for T9/compact QWERTY now works in browser, smoother movement of word suggestion list, settings button showed "EN" (now scaled icon from lowres), Landscape now works on Droid (with resolution related glitches)
- Version 9: Fixed the screwed up enter key in v8. Added experimental voice server settings. For German to work you will have to use the alternative server.
- Version 8: Added custom word candidates bar. Fixed wacky SHIFT key. Word candidate list position now remembered. Configurable in settings dialog. Added some Extras to voice input Intent copied from stock KB (missed earlier). One step closer to Droid landscape support.
- Version 7: Fixed compatibility with Terminal Emulator in CyanogenMod, KB going haywire in CoPilot and word candidate list shows to low (hid active input field sometimes like in stock messaging app). Lowered android:minSdkVersion from 7 to 3. This could mean stock Droid support, but don't complain when it FC's on Cupcake
- Version 6: Tweaks to the sentence auto capitalization code. Should now work in most web browser forms such as the message composer on this forum. Tweaked enter key behavior a bit.
- Version 5: Show voice input button for all languages instead of EN button in all keyboards that uses the same layouts as the English ones. To fix this in all other layouts, modding binary XML is required. I need help with that. Voice input seems to use your current locale if supported, and English as fallback.
- Version 4: New voice input control logic that doesn't break Google Voice search. Changed voice processing URL from dev server to stock keyboard settings.
- Version 3: Fixed FC in User Dictionary editor. Fixed HTC not obeying EditorInfo.imeOption flag flagNoEnterAction (caused two sends in stock messaging app)
- Version 2: Fixed FC in user database
- Version 1: Initial release featuring language settings hack with .htcime and dictionary support in web browser forms. Tested on N1. Clicker is low res for now.
- Version 4: Better support for OpenEclair (at least one reported succes with Dutch on it)
- Version 3: Supports Samsung Galaxy/Spica (this version has never been featured on xda)
- Version 2: Dictionary support in web browser forms
- Version 1: Initial release featuring language settings hack with .htcime
Instructions for all not familiar with this:
Download this file http://uploaded.to/file/hozimj tou your PC!
Unzip and copy it to your SDCard
Install the two *.APK files using a file explorer like ASTRO
copy the .htcime file to the root of your SDcard
Goto menue> Settings> language and keyboard and select the touchplus keyboard.
Note: Only install if you know the risk of installing from unknown sources
***VERSION 16 ONLINE!***
***VERSION 18 ONLINE!***