Show your custom keyboard

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droidlife posted an article and I just created my own keyboard following their steps.

Droid Life Custom HTC_IME Keyboard Gallery

On 04.27.10, In Apps, by Kellex

Again, our readers come through with some amazing stuff. This time, reader Wes, took over the custom HTC_IME keyboard game after I posted the walk through on how to make your own. He tossed together 11 different keyboards ranging from Batman to Hello Kitty and wanted to make sure they were made available to Droid Life readers. Gotta love that right? He’s also offered up his services in case any of you have a special request. That’s right, you shoot him an email and he’ll create one for you.
So check out his first 11 and if you don’t see one you like, shoot him an email via the attached contact form!
*These are for all users. Non-rooted and rooted

This is my keyboard:

View attachment 7011

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Astro file manager is not required but it will make it easier.
steps 1-6 copied directly from droid-life.

1. Visit this site and register for an account.
2. Choose “Create a custom keyboard skin from scratch.”
3. Choose your keyboard version. (v24 is the newest.)
4. Follow the next few steps, choosing your color scheme.
5. Click “Generate Keyboard.”
6. Download your keyboard and install it. (Installation instructions here.)

I am going to add at step that is not in here:

7. download the files and save them to your desktop (easier to grab later). There should be two zip files. One for the keyboard you made the other is the clicker

8. After you mount your droid move the zip files (leave them zipped) to the download folder of your sdcard

9. use astro to install both files.

10.follow the step they laid out; which was go into settings, language, keyboard and check the htc keyboard. (I found that I had to uncheck the other key board to get it to work.)
Update: It appears that you do need the Clicker file for calibration. Download here.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adding a NY Giants keyboard right now.

Oh, and we'll continue to add keyboards as our guy is making them.

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Here's my "Droid" Black with Red themed KB.

CAP201004251320.jpg

eliassami5

Reaction score
whats the difference between version 23 and version 24. I noticed the placement of the smiley face and the 12# buttons are switched on some keyboards, and on others there is a keyboard with a down arrow in place of the smiley key.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
may be a diff.. I just followed what Droidlife suggested and used v 24

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
whats the difference between version 23 and version 24. I noticed the placement of the smiley face and the 12# buttons are switched on some keyboards, and on others there is a keyboard with a down arrow in place of the smiley key.

That option has been in settings since at least V13 or 14? They kept adding more options with each version and now V24 has a gazzilion other optional settings.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome stuff.

eliassami5

Reaction score

That option has been in settings since at least V13 or 14? They kept adding more options with each version and now V24 has a gazzilion other optional settings.

ohh ok thanks, yea never really looked at the options till now. One thing i hated about this keyboard is that it wont hide when you slide down...but there is an option for that! Fantastic lol, love this thing now.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I do not think we need all 24 + versions of keyboards, but be nice to see the change log for each keyboard.