Should I try an Incredible?

P7M8

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1 that I'm getting tired of. Sick of looking for the right ROM. There's always something lacking. I mainly rooted to have a hotspot. I've tolerated it waiting for the Thunderbolt to come out.

A friend has a brand new one he's willing to let me borrow till the T-Bolt arrives. His daughter had it for two weeks then had to get an iPhone4 when it came out. So he's stuck with a brand new D'Inc.

Not sure that I should go through the hassle to get it set up now that it looks like the 17th is looking like a solid date for the T-Bolt release.

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1 that I'm getting tired of. Sick of looking for the right ROM. There's always something lacking. I mainly rooted to have a hotspot. I've tolerated it waiting for the Thunderbolt to come out.

A friend has a brand new one he's willing to let me borrow till the T-Bolt arrives. His daughter had it for two weeks then had to get an iPhone4 when it came out. So he's stuck with a brand new D'Inc.

Not sure that I should go through the hassle to get it set up now that it looks like the 17th is looking like a solid date for the T-Bolt release.

-----------

If you do get to try the D'Inc, I'd love to hear your feedback on it. I have the D1 as well and honestly, in kinda the same spot with the "searching for the perfect ROM"! I'm not sure about the T'Bolt because of the size (one of the reasons I didn't go with the X) 4.3" is a bit too big for my hand and pocket.

I like the look and feel of the D'Inc. The specs (1ghz processor) seems pretty good. But, I'm holding out till I get some more concrete feedback on the device before moving from the D1 to the D'Inc.

Do post up your thoughts!

Rhyyke

Reaction score
I was in the exact same spot as you two up until tuesday this week. I have been running a D1 since about march of last year, and was holding out for the tbolt. My D1 is rooted and i've been on the same "perfect rom" search, recently settling on the peter alfonso "stock" gingerbread. I never found a rom that was 100% to my liking

I had an opportunity to pick up an incredible for cheap and decided why not. Originally I had planned not to even activate it but to use it as a toy around to distract me until the bolt was released. Within a day of playing with it, I decided it was going to be my main phone. The difference between D1 and Inc is astounding, everywhere there is lag and reloading on the D1, on the inc is it gone. I went into this wanting to believe my rooted D1, which i put so much work into, was superior, but within a day I couldn't deny it any more. Now I am happily running the Inc. as my main phone, and it's even made me doubt if I really need the tbolt anyway.

TLDR: The Inc. is far superior to the D1, and in my opinion was and is ahead of it's time. It's smoother than my gf's DX and my friend's D2, given the choice between the three I'd take the Inc. with no question.

PhoneBug

Reaction score

Yeah i just picked up a Dinc,got sick of waiting for the Tbolt. Great phone,rooted it and running Cyanogen 7. So if Tbolt gets released before two weeks i'll return the Dinc.

OP
P

P7M8

Reaction score
Activated the Dinc tonight. Nice device. Keyboard takes some getting used to. I like the layout of the D1 keyboard better. I'll see how I like it over the next few days. At least I'll get familiar with Sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

kameleongt

Reaction score
I came from a Droid x, I got tired of waiting for something to come out picked up a Since and was defense. Surprised but the smoothness I had it 30 before rooting and getting a rom on it. And now on cm7 and its way better than mine Droid x only issues I have are I'm not used to the screen size feels small now. Also battery was horrid but got me an extended battery and now outlast my Droid x with its extended battery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
P

P7M8

Reaction score
Just discovered something really cool. Blackberryesque... At the dialer you can use the keypad to pull up contacts that match the text you press. I really missed that when I left Blackberry. Nothing new to you HTC users but I went straight to Moto when I switched. This is BIG for me.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Rhyyke

Reaction score
battery life is definitely worse, but we have to compare apples to apples. My D1's battery life was always changing due to my changing the ROM/Kernels on it. But stock to stock the D1 definitely lasted longer. I ended up getting the extended battery for the D1, and that made a big difference. I just got the extended battery for the Inc, so we'll see how it does.

slinky

Reaction score
Having used them both, I'll tell you that the Incredible is the best phone I've ever had, by far. You will need an extended battery. Other than that, the camera is stellar. Speed is very good. Miles faster and better all around than the bulky Droid 1.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I was in the exact same spot as you two up until tuesday this week. I have been running a D1 since about march of last year, and was holding out for the tbolt. My D1 is rooted and i've been on the same "perfect rom" search, recently settling on the peter alfonso "stock" gingerbread. I never found a rom that was 100% to my liking

I had an opportunity to pick up an incredible for cheap and decided why not. Originally I had planned not to even activate it but to use it as a toy around to distract me until the bolt was released. Within a day of playing with it, I decided it was going to be my main phone. The difference between D1 and Inc is astounding, everywhere there is lag and reloading on the D1, on the inc is it gone. I went into this wanting to believe my rooted D1, which i put so much work into, was superior, but within a day I couldn't deny it any more. Now I am happily running the Inc. as my main phone, and it's even made me doubt if I really need the tbolt anyway.

TLDR: The Inc. is far superior to the D1, and in my opinion was and is ahead of it's time. It's smoother than my gf's DX and my friend's D2, given the choice between the three I'd take the Inc. with no question.

No doubt! Best phone in Verizons current lineup, hands down. Def blows my ancient D1 out the water.

The tbolt does look tight but it'll take a lot more then that to get me to switch from my incredible.

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

OP
P

P7M8

Reaction score
As the previous posts have said, the battery sucks. I won't be using it long enough to warrant getting an extended battery. The build is not as solid as the D1. It's very plasticky. OS is smooth. No lag so far. Browser is fast. I don't know why the clock widget seems to always have to start from 12 o'clock when it appears. Other than that, no real issues so far.

Last edited:

slinky

Reaction score
The D1 is built very plasticy but it is solid. I was very surprised how good it is and it's much lighter than the D1... that was well built but a tank. Everything is very fast on the Incredible. Great little device, truly.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Just went from D1 to Incredible (tired of waiting on TBolt). This phone is truly amazing. I was draining the battery pretty quickly since I couldn't put the thing down. Today was an off day and the battery seems as good or better than D1.

This phone is so responsive and feels so nice in your hand. Better than iphone and much better looking.