VERIZON: The Thunderbolt should be RECALLED!!!!!

Reaction score
I'm SICK AND TIRED of this phone, or should I say the crappy software updates they keep dropping on it. EVERY update creates a NEW screw up. Gingerbread has brought back not only random reboots but also lock-ups during use, of EVERY function on it. I've had it lock up when I'm texting, emailing, surfing, gaming and talking. This is unacceptable for a $300 phone that you are locked in to for 2 years. The number one culprit that seems to lock it up is an app you can't get rid of, Sense UI. HTC/Verizon have really dropped the ball on this phone. The ONLY people I know that are having good results with this phone are those who have rooted it. Once they strip off the bloatware, they have a phone that is exceptionally powerful and works well. Anyone who leaves it stock and allows the OTA updates has had nothing but frustration. I've TRIED to give you guys every opportunity to fix it but with a phone that now reboots or locks up 20-25 times a day, I've had enough. I COULD root it but I should not have to root a phone that I paid this much for just to make if functional.

If you agree with this and are on Facebook, please join this group:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues.

I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. ;)

Boot Manager

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
when your not happy with the software... install your own.... root and rom it... its what makes android great

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P
Reaction score
I COULD root it but I shouldn't HAVE to root it to get it to work ACCEPTABLY. My point is that Verizon sold a defective product because of THEIR messing with it and THEY should make it right. Rooting shouldn't be NECESSARY, it should just be something do because they want to. If this thing were a car, I could file a complaint and they would HAVE to do something about it!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. My parents bought a Duramax and it was the worst vehicle they ever made. Glowplugs kept failing and they would replace em one by one as they went out. Injectors failed and they replaced them with the same crappy design. Steering was loose and they replaced the ISS with the same design. I could go on, but you get the picture...

My point is, just because you have a defective product, even though the right thing to do would be to make it right with you, they'll just hand you another Thunderbolt (used CLNR), and that's it. Their contract is worded to where anything they do above that is a miracle.

Boot Manager

kparks

Reaction score
I'm down with this mine is garbage also..... FIGHT THE POWER!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My TBolt was incredible...almost couldn't get myself to part with it for the Bionic upgrade, but I did and instead sold it on eBay for $240... yeah my TBolt was nothing but great for me..... but then again, I rooted and tweaked it too

sjackson007

Reaction score
The tbolt is awesome. Just root it and be done with it. Yes the factory package sucks, but that's the glorious thing out open source, there are people making roms in their spare time that truely let this device show its potential. I never had problems with mine cause I never ran it with the factory rom. Root it.

tbolted

Reaction score
My tbolt is awesome. Still stock, still have the bloatware installed. Still have to manually stop Blockf*(ker a couple times a day, but JD+ seems to do a good job of not allowing it to do anything. But since the GB upgrade I really, really like this phone. Someday when I get sick of the bloatware crap I'll root, but for now it's good.

Too bad about your phone, but if they recalled mine I'd be pissed.

brandon9559

Reaction score
You do know that Verizon does nothing more than sell and provide mobile service to phones. They do not make them or develop software for them. Seems like your beef should be with htc instead of Verizon.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
My tbolt is awesome. Still stock, still have the bloatware installed. Still have to manually stop Blockf*(ker a couple times a day, but JD+ seems to do a good job of not allowing it to do anything. But since the GB upgrade I really, really like this phone. Someday when I get sick of the bloatware crap I'll root, but for now it's good.

Too bad about your phone, but if they recalled mine I'd be pissed.

Agreed I have a stock on running gingerbread and no isssues ....phone is great for me......even though its my 2 nd one my 1 st had the re boot issues and they sent me a new one which was fine

Kabel_Guy

Reaction score
It really baffles me when people say this phone is terrible. Makes me wonder about the basis for comparison. Stock and aside from reboot issue has worked very well. I guess maybe I've been lucky. Same for my wife who has same phone bought at same time. With so many people not having issues, it might be worth considering that there may be something else going on OP. Sincerely, no offense intended.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset? Also, I would talk to customer service or bring it in to a store. They should replace it. Honestly, this device rocks and I am bone stock. I am a droid junkie and have rooted/ romed in the past, so i know what is available. I just end up spending more time than I have doing all that so I stopped. Lol

My only complaint is the battery cause I use the snot out of my phone. I bought the 2750 extended and now it is tough to kill the battery in a day. I did resist and cuss at 5:00 pm for 5 months tho. Should have got the battery a long time ago.

Anyways, point is, you should have no problems getting a replacement and ending that frustration.

nodak102

Reaction score
My TB is bone stock with all the bloatware and both OTAs. Have yet to have a single problem with it. Also have extended battery.