Extremely proud of Verizon and the Thunderbolt!

s54

Reaction score
This phone is simply amazing. It's super fast, with no lag whatsoever. Am I going to mod it with ROMs and other garbage? - No. It's perfect the way it is, in stock form.

Unlike other phones, this one never locks up on me. I've had zero issues with the phone so far (had it since the day it went on sale on Verizon's website). The browser is super fast, the keyboard and screen are super responsive, the screen and overall feel of HTC sense are super user friendly, and the 4G speeds that I'm getting here in Chicago suburbs are incredible. And I'm not surprised since I just ran into this:

Verizon’s 4G Network Leaves Other Carriers in the Dust | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Overall, my experience tells me that both the Thunderbolt and Verizon's blazing fast 4G network are a definite success. Honestly, I couldn't ask for more. Well, maybe a free headset with the phone :)

metzor

Reaction score
I must still be half asleep, because there's no way there's a positive post that's not complaining about battery life or how it's not dual core.

dancedroid

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. This thing flies, out of the box. Compared to my D1, it's like upgrading from a smart car to a benz. No lag, no force closes, no waiting for the home screen to redraw all my widgets and apps. Awesome.

funkyb

Reaction score
I must still be half asleep, because there's no way there's a positive post that's not complaining about battery life or how it's not dual core.

dancedroid

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. This thing flies, out of the box. Compared to my D1, it's like upgrading from a smart car to a benz. No lag, no force closes, no waiting for the home screen to redraw all my widgets and apps. Awesome.

+1

I'm also extremely satisifed with this phone, and wouldn't dream of returning it. This thing is so much fun!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish I could put custom icons at the bottom like ADW has. I really don't know if ADW will work on this phone.

I'm not sure about ROM's either, but I certainly want to root the device when it becomes a one step root and unroot process like my OG Droid and D2. I'm not going to risk a brick already.

Since I was able to turn off the 4G, since I'm not in 4G area, I also see battery life improved too.

funkyb

Reaction score
Check out the sense 2 skins linked to in another thread of the TB forum!

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android.

cpjr

Reaction score
I love HTC sense but Ive been running ADW EX flawlessly.

I was very hesitant about getting this phone since using and loving my DX....but Im glad I did.

pandabear

Reaction score
Also very pleased with the performance of this phone. Installed ADW yesterday, works great but you can't get the sense widgets on it, but oh well. Ive also thrown swype on it, works like a charm.

Reaction score
Also very pleased with the performance of this phone. Installed ADW yesterday, works great but you can't get the sense widgets on it, but oh well. Ive also thrown swype on it, works like a charm.

The difference between this phone and my Droid X is night & day. On my DX, I needed to install ADW Launcher. On the TBolt, the OP is correct, there is no need to modify the phone, stock is fantastic. (In fact, I didn't install ADW because the Widgets, etc. are so great with Sense.)

The one gripe, and it is minor, is that the Home screens do not show in landscape mode. If I could find an App that only allows the Home Screens to go into Landscape mode (but not take away the widgets, etc. from Sense), I would say that the phone is flawless IMHO.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I agree that this phone is awesome. Coming from the D1 it was the PERFECT upgrade for me. The only complaint I have is the battery but making a few adjustments and disabling 4g seems to have improved quite a bit.

I will also be rooting mine. I am waiting anxiously to have UD back on this.

rmwheeler

Reaction score
+1 to everything you guys have said so far. There is absolutely no lag at all. Coming from a rooted and overclocked D1 to this phone is a night and day difference. The battery life has really been blown out of proportion. This phone awesome

Sent from my ADR6400L

motoconvert

Reaction score
I too love this phone! Was glad to forfit my NE2 discount of a measly $30!! No need to root it yet for me...loving sense and now that we've found the sense 2 skins, I love it. The major reason I rooted my D1 was to get a different look and feel, and I have that now unrooted!! I'm glad that they didn't rush things if there were problems...why would you want to rush into getting something that wasn't ready in the first place?? You take your time buying a car or a house, so why should this have been any different?

Anyway...glad to have this phone and make all my *pple friends look at me with envy!!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

dancedroid

This about summarizes my thoughts exactly. I forfeited my New Every 2, paid an early upgrade fee, and paid California's $70+ taxes on this thing to get it. I don't regret it at all. Took awhile to get used to the new battery meter but I'm loving the bright screen (which I have to set at 10-20% for it to be comfortable). Loving the 15+ mbps down and 3-6mbps up at home on 4G. And yes, no more waiting 10+ seconds for the launcher to show up when I hit home. Most importantly, I can keep a Wireless N WiFi connection for DAYS. As Metzor said - "awesome."

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree with all of the previous positive comments. I love the phone. I'm coming from a D1 to a D2 (had to replace the D1 after I squashed it in awkward motorcycle get off). The keyboard is far superior to my D2...much more precise. The phone is way faster and with some minor changes in what I do, I get perfectly acceptable battery life.
Better phones will come out soon, but why wait, there will always be better phones in the pipeline. As my grandpa used to say, "I'm as happy as a tick on a fat dog".