Picking up a Thunderbolt? State your reasons why...

Trailblazer03

Reaction score
I'm going to TB because I hate my LG Env Touch with a PASSION!!! The touchscreen will no longer calibrate rendering it all but useless. The TB looks sweet. I'm not a big time gamer and I'm not a phone hacker so this will probably be overkill but who knows what I might get into once I have the capacity.

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me though, maybe the op since he said he was a Verizon employee.. TB will be a Best Buy Exclusive correct? And will not be available at the Verizon stores on the 24th? If this is correct how long till the phone will be available in Verizon stores? My hatred for Best Buy is almost as great as my hatred for LG.

metzor

Reaction score
I'm going to TB because I hate my LG Env Touch with a PASSION!!! The touchscreen will no longer calibrate rendering it all but useless. The TB looks sweet. I'm not a big time gamer and I'm not a phone hacker so this will probably be overkill but who knows what I might get into once I have the capacity.

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me though, maybe the op since he said he was a Verizon employee.. TB will be a Best Buy Exclusive correct? And will not be available at the Verizon stores on the 24th? If this is correct how long till the phone will be available in Verizon stores? My hatred for Best Buy is almost as great as my hatred for LG.

There still has not been an official release date announced. 2/24 is just what a lot of rumors and information is pointing too. There has been a lot of confusion over the exclusivity thing, but the fact is it's "retail exclusive", meaning you can't buy it at other retail stores. You will still be able to buy it through verizon stores or online when it is released. If there was some true exclusivity deal with BB, which I highly doubt being that this is the first 4G phone for VZW, it would not be more than a few days.

But again, nothing is guaranteed until it's announced.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I'm picking one up because I have to have a phone that has a thread with over 3K posts and over 250K unique views....

:)

dll1477

Reaction score
2/24 is just what a lot of rumors and information is pointing too. ... But again, nothing is guaranteed until it's announced.

well said. I will add that the information around the 2/24 is supported by at least one very credible source, and a set of well-thought out conclusions relating to Apple's legal maneuvers to protect the 14-day period after ihype day (2/10)

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
My brother just got an evolution and my best friend has an incredible so we will b the HTC club lol

DX on Liberty Dark Android theme Green

clucernoni

Reaction score
One thing I think everyone should consider before upgrading is how the Dev community will receive/support the phone. I am coming from the original droid and am quite a techy. I normally can't stand having a phone longer than 6 months (lol), but I have had my droid for 15 months now. The reason I have been content is because of the amazing Dev support the phone receives. When I felt my phone was getting slow, I rooted and overclocked it. When I was bored with the UI, I put a custom ROM on it. These custom developers and ROMs breath new life into your phones when are you getting bored of them. This is why I am getting the TB. The dev support will be outstanding (it's already rooted!), which will prolong the life and excitement of your device compared to if you had a phone that was completely locked down and didn't receive much attention from the dev community.

veedubsky

Reaction score
To be totally honest I am getting it to just hold me over till the Quad-cores are expected to drop. By the end of my one year contract they should have the kinks ironed out. Seems like an awesome phone for what it is. Never had a problem with Sense on my GFs incredible and should have a newer version.

-Dubsky

DaWolf85

Reaction score
One thing I think everyone should consider before upgrading is how the Dev community will receive/support the phone. I am coming from the original droid and am quite a techy. I normally can't stand having a phone longer than 6 months (lol), but I have had my droid for 15 months now. The reason I have been content is because of the amazing Dev support the phone receives. When I felt my phone was getting slow, I rooted and overclocked it. When I was bored with the UI, I put a custom ROM on it. These custom developers and ROMs breath new life into your phones when are you getting bored of them. This is why I am getting the TB. The dev support will be outstanding (it's already rooted!), which will prolong the life and excitement of your device compared to if you had a phone that was completely locked down and didn't receive much attention from the dev community.
This.
I would have gotten the Bionic but it wouldn't have had the same support.

jpa1384

Reaction score
Of course theres always gonna be something better ahead...im getting it cause I want to be locked in the unlimited data plan for 4g. Also has more ram than most phones out and even some not even out yet...and has a front cam for video calls...all should keep it relevant for a while..esp since front cams are becoming standard.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Androidfreakz

Reaction score
The reason im getting the thunderbolt is because Its the perfect phone for me. Ive read CES/MWC that duels would be in phones now and nvida states that they should have the quadcores in phone by years end, for me getting a duel core phone now with no apps to even really take advantage is a waste. I mean really, is a duel core really going to affect my twitter,facebook, and AngryBirds compared to a 2nd gen snap dragon. The 4.3in screen is perfect, I love HTC phones, MotoBlur sux. I even have 4G LTE in my area from Verizon. I feel that it well have that support from the Dev community like the Evo got from Custom roms to Themes etc.

StevieJ

Reaction score
Of course theres always gonna be something better ahead...im getting it cause I want to be locked in the unlimited data plan for 4g. Also has more ram than most phones out and even some not even out yet...and has a front cam for video calls...all should keep it relevant for a while..esp since front cams are becoming standard.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

That's why I am likely going to get it. There's no point in getting a dual core phone if the rest of the hardware isn't up to task.

player52

Reaction score

wow couldn't of said it better man ^^ im on the same thing your smoking