4 Reasons Why the HTC ThunderBolt ICS Update Could Be Late via Gotta Be Mobile

armeddroid

Reaction score
Huh and here we go.
4 Reasons Why the HTC ThunderBolt ICS Update Could Be Late

1. HTC and Verizon completely missed the July upgrade window for the HTC Rezound and then pretended as if nothing happened when it released the software in early August instead. It’s clear that neither company has any problem breaking update promises.

2. HTC’s Facebook account has stopped telling ThunderBolt owners that August is still in the cards. Instead, it has been extremely vague about the update’s arrival.

3. Verizon’s website remains without an HTC ThunderBolt ICS update changelog, something that is usually posted ahead of a widespread roll out.

4. Verizon may have learned that hitting the deadline for the sake of hitting the deadline probably isn’t as smart as it sounds. The Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX updates were released on the last day of their promised update window and both pieces of software are plagued with bugs. So, it’s possible that HTC and Verizon want to avoid something similar.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
DInc2 owner here also waiting for our ICS update.
It is starting to annoy me that HTC is all happy to send out Tweets to me a few times a week about: awards they've won, new phone announcements, silly contests (silly because there aren't any prizes, just "take a pic of...), and other such nonsense.
But they won't update us about the promised ICS rollout.
Now... as I said in my Dinc2 thread about this I am NOT "that guy" that has to have the latest OS. But when you tell me it's coming... get my hopes up... then I expect it. If it was never announced or rolled out to me I'd be fine with it.

How NICE would it be to see Tweets or FB posts like this:

"Hang in there *Insert Phone Here* Owners! We are a little delayed on the ICS rollout! Just tweaking a few more things to make sure it runs well!"

I want a job as the HTC TWEETER. I'd get them to be more communicative...

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
DInc2 owner here also waiting for our ICS update.
It is starting to annoy me that HTC is all happy to send out Tweets to me a few times a week about: awards they've won, new phone announcements, silly contests (silly because there aren't any prizes, just "take a pic of...), and other such nonsense.
But they won't update us about the promised ICS rollout.
Now... as I said in my Dinc2 thread about this I am NOT "that guy" that has to have the latest OS. But when you tell me it's coming... get my hopes up... then I expect it. If it was never announced or rolled out to me I'd be fine with it.

How NICE would it be to see Tweets or FB posts like this:

"Hang in there *Insert Phone Here* Owners! We are a little delayed on the ICS rollout! Just tweaking a few more things to make sure it runs well!"

I want a job as the HTC TWEETER. I'd get them to be more communicative...

Completely agree.
Its so annoying that you see HTC post something like:
HOW DO YOU LIKE THE NEW UPDATE FOR THE ONE X?? YOU LOVING IT?
WE LOVE IT AND WE LOVE YOU.

Then a Thunderbolt owner chimes in.
TBOLT OWNER: Hey! Any news about the update for my phone??!
HTC: *crickets*

Next post from HTC:

HTC: WE LOVE THE ONE SERIES!
TELL US HOW GREAT YOUR EXPERIENCE IS!!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!

SMH.Wth.

rbw62

Reaction score
Number 1 reason, it is September 6 & still no ICS.

phil1166

Reaction score
At this point, I could care less. My contract is up in November!

eldub

Reaction score
Did the razor finally got an update to fix all the ics bugs?

rbw62

Reaction score
It is Sept 9, verizon, still no announcement or changelog. No word period. All we know is HTC Finished the ICS update, passed it to Verizon, and it sits in a hole somewhere with Verizon.

rbw62

Reaction score
Oh well, Just bought a Rezound, comes with ICS, so i will be going over to Rezound Friday. Good luck to all TB owners.

eldub

Reaction score
In what ways is ICS better than GB? I'm trying to understand the justification of buying a new phone for it.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
When is your contract up and what phones are you considering?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2