Rumor: Android 2.3 Gingerbread Headed To HTC Thunderbolt June 30th?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't consider my self and English Language expert by any means, But I would love for someone to point out the spelling errors on that screen shot.

I agree I did not see any errors myself but I am no expert either

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't consider my self and English Language expert by any means, But I would love for someone to point out the spelling errors on that screen shot.

I agree I did not see any errors myself but I am no expert either
Enhanced Microsoft Exchange Extentions. "Extentions" is spelled wrong.

Droidram56

Reaction score
If this update makes the TB a reliable phone it would be an attractive upgrade option. I like the feel of the phone and the UI but am a little wary of the phone's reported battery and reliability issues.

I am holding off on upgrading because my original Droid works fine and I would like to see a reliable 4G phone offered from Verizon. If the TB can be stabilized then it might warrant a serious look. Otherwise I might consider the Bionic if it is released in July as speculated.

Kid A

Reaction score
If this update makes the TB a reliable phone it would be an attractive upgrade option. I like the feel of the phone and the UI but am a little wary of the phone's reported battery and reliability issues.

I am holding off on upgrading because my original Droid works fine and I would like to see a reliable 4G phone offered from Verizon. If the TB can be stabilized then it might warrant a serious look. Otherwise I might consider the Bionic if it is released in July as speculated.

I was having frequent reboot and connectivity issues after MR1 and after flashing MR2 two days ago I haven't had a single reboot and my 3G/LTE signal strength is improved. Can't really report on the battery life as my Bolt has always done strangely well in that department.

Obviously my phone's results don't mean that everyone's will react the same way, but it appears to me that Verizon/HTC is on the right track to fixing these issues. Gingerbread should only improve things.

borq646

Reaction score
This phone is awesome with the exception of the battery life. I was at a party on Friday & I had my phone plus an extra battery. Both batteries died within a couple of hours. They were fully charged. I hope this update helps that

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Jesus. What were you doing on it? I got 10 hour days at work getting hammered with email all day, twitter, etc....and still have 60% when I get home.

How long was this party? Or you have to have something running the background that is killing your battery if you're going through TWO in one night.

On 4G the entire time too btw, rooted, BAMF 1.7 Remix. Not OC'd.

phil1166

Reaction score
This phone is awesome with the exception of the battery life. I was at a party on Friday & I had my phone plus an extra battery. Both batteries died within a couple of hours. They were fully charged. I hope this update helps that

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Jesus. What were you doing on it? I got 10 hour days at work getting hammered with email all day, twitter, etc....and still have 60% when I get home.

How long was this party? Or you have to have something running the background that is killing your battery if you're going through TWO in one night.

On 4G the entire time too btw, rooted, BAMF 1.7 Remix. Not OC'd.

I have the juice defender on it. I had the advanced task killer on it, but I read that that kills the battery on it. Any idea what setting I should use on the juice defender?? I was toying with the idea of rooting it, but I guess that would void my warranty or my insurance. So I'm hoping that this "update" will fix these issues.

borq646

Reaction score
Try it with no juice defender at all. No task killer. Install Watchdog and see if there is any process that is going crazy.

The battery should not be near that bad for you.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Try it with no juice defender at all. No task killer. Install Watchdog and see if there is any process that is going crazy.

The battery should not be near that bad for you.

Agreed I have juice defender on setting aggressive...Then I have watchdog installed as well ....I am no longer rooted ....got to accounts & make sure stocks is set to manual Update along with the news ......the weather I have my update interval set to 6 hours ...I also have my facebook update every 3 hours & along with my twitter every 3 hours I set the droid forums app to manual update

My battery averages 15 hours with a 30 min charge in the middle of the day from my car charger only boosts the battery by 15-25% in that time but helps