HTC: Thunderbolt to get GB this month

wardo

Reaction score
I don't have links but everything your having issues with are fixable.

Mysfit

Reaction score
Month its gone and still no update here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

rbw62

Reaction score
No ota update n Atlanta yet.

tonybrown801

Reaction score
I got the OTA update Saturday and the biggest thing I noticed is that when I put the phone in the car dock and disable car mode the screen doesn't go into landscape mode. It stays in portrait mode even in the dock. When I got into the app, they are in landscape, but on exit the screen goes back into portrait mode. This didn't happen before the update and is the most egregious problem. There are a couple of other issues with apps, but those much just be compatibility issues.

This is the problem I have had and it's very irritating. I really don't like the dock in the portrait position.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
So, not everybody is getting this OTA of GB? Is it based upon physical area? Because I did a manual OTA search for both GB OTA v.1 that brought many bugs with it, and GB OTA v.2 which is currently on my phone and suffers from notification variable issue.

GB OTA v.1 went to my original TB bought in March. After the OTA, it was so buggy, it was replaced by VZW. My current TB is replacement 2, running GB from OTA v.2.

Anyway, back to my location question, why would I get GB OTA both times? Is it because I manually started the update in settings? I thought this would be available to all.

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
DC area my buddy has it but I don't! Personally I don't think physical location has anything to do with it. More likely its time of purchase/model or s/n on phone.

MTBryan

Reaction score
This is the problem I have had and it's very irritating. I really don't like the dock in the portrait position.

Yeah, I noticed that too with my car doc but didn't really think it was a big deal. Just rotated to portrait position.

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too with my car doc but didn't really think it was a big deal. Just rotated to portrait position.

I personally think it's a big deal. I realize that we shouldn't be typing on the road, but at red lights it's harder to type with one finger in portrait mode. The navigator has less functionality in portrait mode than in landscape too. I'm pretty sure the doc was intended to be used in landscape mode so it doesn't make any sense that the phone shouldn't go into landscape when installed in it.
This needs to be corrected.

I also noticed that my Dialer One app is now buggy. When I miss a call and click on the missed call in the notification bar it defaults to Dialer One to show the call in the log. But when I try to come out with the back button it tries to exit into the stock call logger and can't get out going back to Dialer One. I hit it again and it tries to exit through the stock call logger again and can't so it goes right back to Dialer One. Then when I just hit the home button the phone acts like it's rebooting through the white HTC screen and then goes back to the home screen. This never happened before.

WTH is up with his update?

Last edited:

holla420

Reaction score
I got the ota update a few days ago and I'm living in the Atlanta area.

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not regional. There is some sort of method to it but that's not it

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0

Mysfit

Reaction score
Still no ota here.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

tituswife

Reaction score
Still none here in central Nebraska. Bought phone in July.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Scottokw2k

Reaction score
Still no gingerbread on my true blue Verizon Tbolt. However both my wife's and daughter's Incredibles on page plus have received the update and are running smoothly on gingerbread. C'mon verizon, show us T'bolt users some gb love.

kparks

Reaction score
Still no gingerbread on my true blue Verizon Tbolt. However both my wife's and daughter's Incredibles on page plus have received the update and are running smoothly on gingerbread. C'mon verizon, show us T'bolt users some gb love.

Gingerbread should of been launched to everyone a long time ago try removing ur sim card or calling vzw