Should I sell my Bionic and get a Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

netsec

Reaction score
Should I sell my Bionic and get a Galaxy Nexus? Everyone is saying how cool it will be, but it keeps getting pushed back. What say you?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am going to ditch the Bionic for the Nexus, no question about it :cool-b:

yiannis

Reaction score
I won't! Maybe the quad cores coming in the spring when ICS is ironed out...

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Too many issues with the Galaxy so far.
Seems to be a very buggy device.. we'll see what the reality is in a couple weeks when it hits the streets.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seems to be a very buggy device.. we'll see what the reality is in a couple weeks when it hits the streets.

Really....buggy huh...where did u get that info

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

patriot95

Reaction score

One major bug. Not on the lte version. And it is already fixed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tcayton49

Reaction score
Should I wear a blue tie or a brown tie to work tomorrow? Everyone tells me I look cool in a blue tie.

indee2025

Reaction score
I remember when this same issue came up and people where excited about getting the "pure google" experience from the Nexus one....people were trying to figure out whether to dump the original motorola droid for the nexus one....

The original droid was one hell of a device.....The bionic is one hell of a device (if you are not plagued with some reported issues)

The Nexus one failed.....lack of advertising, lack of a predecessor & mostly it failed because it could only be purchased online and not have the pricing subsidized with a contract....

A quad core 18 mp 5 ghz newest greatest whatcha-ma-jig sounds fantastic but there's lots to consider about those statements...

A dual core is useful if ya do a lot of stuff....4G LTE offers great access and multi-tasking the proper way on a CDMA device....an 8 mp camera is great, but if the 8 mp camera and the previous 5 mp camera have the same size sensor in the hardware you are not increasing the quality, you're just cutting the pie into more slices but you still have the same size pie (in this case the diameter of the pie available is dictated by the size of the sensor)....

When laptops were first released with dual core processors it was funny because everyone was soaking them up but in reality, unless your software had been written to take advantage of the available processes the dual core handled you wouldn't get a performance difference except in very limited occasions.....

It's all about preference and understanding of the tech your money is buying-to me the nexus looks ugly, nothing sexy about that device.

wseyller

Reaction score
I am considering dumping the bionic for the nexus if I don't lose too much money in the process. The bionic overall is a great phone but Motorola/Verizon is not getting updates out quick enough. There is already an update for the nexus and it isn't even for sale yet at Verizon. ICS with an unlocked bootloader makes it even more tempting. I knew the bionic would have a locked bootloader. The bionic is fine for most people that do not care about the bootloader, custom roms, customer kernels and such. Unfortunately it was bad timing for me. I couldn't wait for a phone. The selection of LTE phones was slim and the bionic was the best of what was available.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am honestly biased against Samsung devices. Me, my family and friends have had the fascinate, captivate and charge. All poor phones with very bad radios and nearly broken gps. I have owned 4 android phones. Htc and Moto have by far been the best for my family and friends (except the tb). I think that the Nex will not have as many problems as other Samsungs because it is directly supported by Google, but the GSM one already having a radio issue should be a concern. I wouldn't get the GNex on launch day at least....I would wait to see what the bugs were and how fast they get fixed. There will definitely be bugs, it is first generation ics lte tech. Plus it doesn't have webtop, removable storage, and maybe not the build quality, and the great gps and phone reception that Moto can produce. Its hard to say because Samsung does well at advertising to draw people in but they sell a lot of bad products....I love my Samsung TV though. IMO 80% of their phones are garbage, just ask Samsung owners, they will agree.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

namjak

Reaction score
Me, I'm waiting for a few months for the next gen of LTE phone with good battery life. I'm happy with the Bionic till then, and my next phone better last twice as long with LTE on. Low-power chips are coming out soon, so it makes sense to wait.

<sequans.com
/2011/10/sequans-unveils-next-generation-fdd-and-tdd-lte-chips-and-global-lte-platforms/>

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Think I'd wait for the ota and reaccess on how the phone is working for you. Namjak's post made some great points. Think I'd be inclined to wait if possible till some of the nuances of LTE shake out and see what gives on evolving technologies. Gotta do what's good for you. and what you can afford. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.