upgrading to s3 and selling bionic

krazienluv10

Reaction score
hi, i just upgraded to a galaxy S3 and wanted to sell my bionic to a good friend. however he is still on 3g with the original galaxy s. Is he able to upgrade to 4g automatically? how about the 4g sim card? will he be using mines or will my S3 come with a new sim card and i can just let him have what evers on there?

please help thanks!!!

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
When you get your new phone all you have to do is put your sim card in and it's activated. Your friend would have to go to vzw store and get his own card, they gave me mine free, but it could be $20-30.
I went from a fascinate to a thunderbolt, they gave me a sim card. Then switched to bionic placed the sim card in and ut was ready to rock

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
Just have your friend go to the VZW store and pick up a SIM card from them. More than likely its free. If they do charge it'll probably just be 5 bucks.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The S3 uses a micro-SIM, vs. the Bionic's regular sized SIM. So you'll both need to run into a store to get activated (for free anyway - you can pickup a sim/micro-sim at places like Best Buy as well, and call in and activate yourself).

dluke

Reaction score
booooo.. sell out!! hehe jk.. ill buy your bionic though.. ive been wanting an extra one to dev on.. how much you want for it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
booooo.. sell out!! hehe jk.. ill buy your bionic though.. ive been wanting an extra one to dev on.. how much you want for it?

Just a friendly reminder to please keep these kinds of conversations private please - we don't allow any transactions (or conversations pertaining to transactions) to be done here. :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember guys are bionic is the under dog of the smartphone world. I really think the s3 is just a minor upgrade over any of the current top droids.

While the Bionic will always hold a special place in my heart, the S3 is one heck of a phone with a lot of pretty cool stuff built into it - both from a hardware and software standpoint. Most phones, IMHO anyway, have matched what you just said to this point. But I feel like the GS3 really is the biggest step up yet. Is it a game changer? Probably not... but I would categorize it at least a little more than just a minor upgrade... but then we're getting into subjective semantics! ;)

jwilly216

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
Remember guys are bionic is the under dog of the smartphone world. I really think the s3 is just a minor upgrade over any of the current top droids.

True

dfcfu342

Reaction score
If I had the money to buy the S3 off contract and keep my data I would totally do it it's one nice phone!

For now I'm content with my Bionic and with ICS coming it's like getting a new phone all over again anyway plus there's something to look forward to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Otakulad

Reaction score
dfcfu342 said:
If I had the money to buy the S3 off contract and keep my data I would totally do it it's one nice phone!

For now I'm content with my Bionic and with ICS coming it's like getting a new phone all over again anyway plus there's something to look forward to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

If you buy the phone at full price and don't sign a new contract you will keep your data, unless it is a money issue then I know how you feel.

And to the OP, Verizon corporate stores will give you a SIM card when you get your new phone. They will also give your friend a new card for free. It is the authorized sellers that will charge you like $10.