Returned to my Bionic!!

Nezdude87

Reaction score
What roms are tall running? Just curious.

I'm on stock ICS right now, but I usually stay on speedlite aokp. Just installed eclipse in a new slot, but I've been busy and haven't had time to set it up and give it a shot. So, I'm on stock til I get time tomorrow or so.

Jellybean is smooooth, puts ICS to shame, and that says a LOT imo. But, I like to have a camera every so often, so I'm back and forth constantly.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on stock ICS right now, but I usually stay on speedlite aokp. Just installed eclipse in a new slot, but I've been busy and haven't had time to set it up and give it a shot. So, I'm on stock til I get time tomorrow or so.

Jellybean is smooooth, puts ICS to shame, and that says a LOT imo. But, I like to have a camera every so often, so I'm back and forth constantly.

Ya I've tried the jb roms too. My favorite is eclipse. That's the rom I'm on now. I get a full day on one charge standard battery

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Seems like a good thread for this question.... I have a upgrade available; do I wait it out out get one of Verizon's new phones that they have? I don't know what they have coming up or whatever but Motorola has been good to me. Whatever I switch to has to be rootable and ROMs available as well...

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
What roms are tall running? Just curious.

Got cyanogen mod 10.1 in slot 1,which I don't use daily, just to play around for fun every now and then. My daily driver is eclipse 1.2.1. Solid rom, love the black, everything works. Beautiful!

Seems like a good thread for this question.... I have a upgrade available; do I wait it out out get one of Verizon's new phones that they have? I don't know what they have coming up or whatever but Motorola has been good to me. Whatever I switch to has to be rootable and ROMs available as well...
I also have mine available but am waiting. If what all the press are saying turns true, phone coming this year will be beast. I'm holding out till Verizon gets something that blows me away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea I was looking at the s3 but got mixed feelings about it. I think I'm going wait as well. While on the topic of new devices.... I want to buy a WiFi only android tablet. What's the best one out? Thanks

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
OK so that's the best tablet? I plan on getting one soon

I think so. Absolutely love mine. I'm not big into the galaxy stuff. It's wifi only, also.

It's amazing holding it in your hands and it's so thin. Does everything I want to be a laptop replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Ya I've tried the jb roms too. My favorite is eclipse. That's the rom I'm on now. I get a full day on one charge standard battery

I'm struggling with getting a full day's charge on my extended with ANY rom :/. I do use my phone sort of heavily, but the kernel alone is draining my battery on every rom. Tried clearing cache, factory reset, etc. and no luck. Just changed some settings on Facebook after reading a thread about it sucking battery and it helped, but not too much. Any suggestions? I used to have 30-50% left every night before charging on GB

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling with getting a full day's charge on my extended with ANY rom :/. I do use my phone sort of heavily, but the kernel alone is draining my battery on every rom. Tried clearing cache, factory reset, etc. and no luck. Just changed some settings on Facebook after reading a thread about it sucking battery and it helped, but not too much. Any suggestions? I used to have 30-50% left every night before charging on GB

I can help ya out big time man no worries send me a pm.

HowardL168

Reaction score
Please share your findings on facebook settings that will help battery life.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Refresh interval never and notifications off. So far I noticed less drainage by the kernel. Don't know why, but it works for me. Didn't work for everyone on that thread though, it's no miraculous thing haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Kryptyk

Reaction score
I will never buy anything but a Motorolla device. They out perform and out last any device on the market. nough said :icon_ lala:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see this thread now. It's great, don't get me wrong, but funny... the Bionic was so hated the first 6+ months of its life (by most, not all obviously), and did have a lot of signal issues, that were clearly software and network related.

I love my S3, but I do live in an area with strong signal and have never had signal issues with it. If Motorola would make the cameras even marginally better, I would've stuck with them.

Also, on the tablet question above, the Nexus 10 is definitely awesome, screen is gorgeous, and it performs great. I recommend the Nexus 7 as well if you want something smaller.