NOOB to Smartphones - I Need Some Clarification

HarryDresden

Reaction score
I've been using a feature phone up until now, and i'm going to be upgrading to a Droid Bionic pretty soon. dancedroid
I'm buying the droid used off of eBay, and the seller says there's no sim card included, but the ESN is clean.

I'd like to know weather or not i can simply walk into a Verizon store with my new Droid Bionic,
ask them to deactivate my old Feature phone, and have them activate my Droid with a 3G data plan? (not interested in 4G right now)

Like i said, i'm new to the whole smartphone thing, so please forgive me!

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure they'll activate without the SIM for 4G installed. But 4G costs no more than 3G, so there's no reason to go 3G only. Just tell them you damaged the card trying to re-seat it and they'll probably give you a new one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g will come with 3g no upgrade or charge it's the same.
I hear Verizon will supply you with a free sim, but can't verify.

If in fact the esn is clear you should be good to go. Make certain the item description states it's clear and I would message via eBay verify it so (just for extra proof if a claim comes up)

----posted maxx'ed out----

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did fry my sim card and when I told them they installed a new one for free.

One thing to add; even if you have 4G in your area, if you aren't interested in using it, you can turn 4G off in your settings (or a widget) and run on 3G.

matthew2478

Reaction score
Make sure to get the double your data pack that way you get 4 gigs than getting the 2 gigs

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums