Select one of the home screens to place app shortcuts on

sissiromy

Reaction score
I want to select one of the home screens to place an app shortcut on it, rather than the main home screen.

Do I have to "root" the Droid X to do this? If not, how do I do it? I have tried to be on that home screen, then go to Apps, then longpress the app I want, but it just places that App on my default Home screen which is running out of room now. Thanks!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can drag the icon between the screens, or from the screen you want, tap menu, add, application. From there you can add it...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
If you press on the shortcut and slide it toward the screen you want and HOLD it there, it will bounce to the next screen after a few seconds.

turdbogls

Reaction score
not exactly sure what you are saying but try this and let me know if it is what you are asking for.

scroll to the screen you want the app on, hit the app drawer, fin app, long press the app, this should bring up the screen you want the app on, let go of the app in the location you want it.

or you can find the app on the main home screen, long press on it, drag it to the left or right side of the screen (depending on which screen you want it on) and the home screen should slide to the next screen, drop the app where you want it.

if this is not what you want, let me know, and we can help you out.

OP
S

sissiromy

Reaction score
Thanks, it works

Appreciate all of your help on this. I did first navigate to the screen I want to drop the app, then open the app drawer and long press the app I want to drop, it then did drop into that screen. I swear I tried this many times before and each time, it would just go back to another screen before. But for some reasons, it works now. THANKS!

xliderider

Reaction score
If you use a replacement Launcher , like Launcher Pro, you can have scrolling icons in a bottom dock, so you can just scroll through your apps and shortcut icons rather than scrolling the screens. Much more fluid and smooth.