screen wont rotate

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
my droid screen only rotates to landscape mode when it wants to =[...is there a way to fix this instead of having to turn it off and on every time =[

drd1109

Reaction score
i had the same problem...try menu, settings, sound and display, scroll down to display settings and make sure orientation is checked green. hope this solve your problem.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
it is checked but it still wont rotate =[..do u have to have the physical keyboard to make it landscape or not...

drd1109

Reaction score
when i had the problem mine wasnt checked so it worked for me...only oter thing is make sure you are turning it the right way...bottom of the phone has to be in your right hand. other than that i dont know what else to try....sorry.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think its not working because i had DOCKRUNNER APP installed and then uninstalled it im gonna try a reset

khelek

Reaction score
i think its not working because i had DOCKRUNNER APP installed and then uninstalled it im gonna try a reset

Are you seeing the problem on the home scree or in other apps? The other day I noticed that mine stopped rotating (w/o having the keyboard slid out) on the home screen, which irritated me (also applies to contacts). Rotating in other apps works fine, though, but the home screen won't without the kb being slid out. I've read on the interwebz 2 things - there are others like me who distinctly remember it rotating on the home screen without the keyboard being out and then it quit and then people claiming that we're crazy and that you were never able to rotate on the home screen without the keyboard being out and it's not meant to.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Strange.. it worked on both phones I have.. and now it doesn't on either. I don't know why. I tried various settings, nothing seems to bring it back. This is def some sort of bug. Mind you I only have two apps installed other than the default on one phone. This should be a bug somewhere by now.

Stigy

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about auto-rotate on the home screen?

If so it has been stated in a TON of threads that the OS does NOT include the capacity (in the stock Launcher) to auto-rotate the home screen via its orientation.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

If so it has been stated in a TON of threads that the OS does NOT include the capacity (in the stock Launcher) to auto-rotate the home screen via its orientation.
im sure im not crazy but when i first got my droid, it would rotate to landscape mode without pullin out tthe keyboard...and if it doesnt include the capacity then why do some of the apps do work in landscape without having to pull out the keyboard but it doesnt when ur on the homescreen?

J

JohnDroid

im sure im not crazy but when i first got my droid, it would rotate to landscape mode without pullin out tthe keyboard...and if it doesnt include the capacity then why do some of the apps do work in landscape without having to pull out the keyboard but it doesnt when ur on the homescreen?

The homescreen doesn't have the capability in the OS to determine it based on orientation. Maybe after a future update.

Mine is the same way.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Malvado is correct tho, it may not have it..but it DID do it. I don't know when/why it stopped (or should never have been doing it), but it is definitely an odd bug. Why rotate only when keyboard is out, even if you don't turn the phone. It makes sense that it's like that..but if slide the keyboard out to press a key or two and not use the qwerty (for whatever reason why), it should not force the rotation just because the keyboard is out. It should only rotate when you rotate the phone.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i know =[...this is pissing me off haha cuz im 100% sure it rotated when i first got it lol

volando

Reaction score
lol i was having EXACTLY the same problems (and doubts about my sanity)... the homescreen used to rotate irrespective of the keyboard - now you have to slide it out...

b00sted

Reaction score
this post makes me feel better. I thought I was crazy as I swore it did when I got it but stopped. I installed Open Home - Full and it came back.... I dunno lol. anyways try installing open home and see what happens!

sdwyatt916

Reaction score
the same thing just happened to my phone last nite i was sitting there on my couch looking at my phone and i realized the home screen would not rotate unless i slid the keyboard out, i feel alot better now that i know its not just me but a bug in everyones droid....i was gonna go back to verizon and have them switch it out, because it did do it when i first got it.....we are not crazy!:)