screen stuck on red eye

tommymac1039

Reaction score
hey stuck on red eye and droid on boot up screen i installed cyanogen and then went to install a bugless beast rom went through all that jazz and it rebooted my phone and now its stuck on the red eye and then droid and then back to red eye any suggestions how to load the rom so i can get the smoky glass theme and mod???

OP
tommymac1039

tommymac1039

Reaction score
will that work

will that work and get the bugless beast running so i can do the smoky glass theme???

Taegost

Reaction score
That will put you back to CM, and you can attempt to flash again. Also, did you choose to wipe data and cache? If not, you need to (Make sure you use Titanium or another program like that to back up your apps and data if you need it).

OP
tommymac1039

tommymac1039

Reaction score
thanks for your help dude gotta run my 2 year old wont let me figure this out maybe i should get off the comp lol thanks again

erikfig

Reaction score
Did you fix it? I know how to fix bricked droid, let me know.

midnsun183

Reaction score
Did you fix it? I know how to fix bricked droid, let me know.

Hey help me, i just had it bricked the other day got the error message "com.android.amm failed" and set to brick. It wont even factory rest.

so, if you know how to unbrick that would be much appreciated

[email protected]

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you able to boot into recovery? If so, do a wipe of data and cache then reinstall the rom.

Mike

quakefl

Reaction score
Do I have a dead phone now?

I've tried all day today trying to get the 2.2 OTA update to work but keep getting "updated failed" messege. I tried to install all the bloatware that I uninstalled not too long ago, but the update kept on failing at newswidget.apk.
Out of desperation, I was stupid enough trying to move everything from system/apps to the sd card so I can get the original apps from Droidsystembackup to the system/apps folder. Of course the phone went dead and now is looping on the red eye startup. I've tried pressing power and home button to hard reset it, but it came back looping on the red eye again. Am I completely screwed?