Eternal Red Eye

Zyder72

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid razr M
Hey guys,

So after a week or so of random app shut downs my phone turned off and gets stuck at the red eye on boot up. The recovery option states no command and any command i input on the volume/power buttons does not work. The factory reset option restarts my phone and it still gets stuck at the red eye. It is not rooted and has not had any changed done to it recently. Thanks for any help.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
What Android version is your phone running? Have you taken any ota updates?

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
You might need to re flash your phone using these factory images from here: Motorola Firmwares Keep in mind that if your boot loader is locked do not flash anything below your current system version.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey guys,

So after a week or so of random app shut downs my phone turned off and gets stuck at the red eye on boot up. The recovery option states no command and any command i input on the volume/power buttons does not work. The factory reset option restarts my phone and it still gets stuck at the red eye. It is not rooted and has not had any changed done to it recently. Thanks for any help.

If you can get into recovery, you may be able to re-flash the ROM, but if not, you may have a hardware failure. Also as mentioned above, a recent OTA upgrade could be at the root of the problem, but I suspect you either have a corrupt OS or Kernel, or quite possibly a failure of the flash ROM where the OS and Kernel are stored.