DROID Switching bootup ICONS

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alrighty then.......... Mount your droid, put this zip as it is named on the root of your sd card (not in any folder), unmount your droid then boot into recovery.

Once in recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, then install this zip like you did with the apps before. NOW do not reboot, go back to install and re-install the gapps, then reboot.

Let me know if you have questions........... also, let us know when you are rebooting......

OK I did everything up to " NOW do not reboot, go back to install and re-install the gapps, then reboot." I don't get that part.

Just do exactly what you just did with the Rom, but use the gapps file instead, this time don't wipe

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
I had a feeling I worded that wrong......

Do not reboot yet. You have to re-install the apps that you installed before (the ones that did not work). So while in recovery, go back to install zip from sd card, locate the apps file that you installed before and click it to install. ONce that is done, you can reboot........

HOpefully that made sense.

OK, Rebooting...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you getting the sapphire boot animation...a gem flashing?

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score

Do not reboot yet. You have to re-install the apps that you installed before (the ones that did not work). So while in recovery, go back to install zip from sd card, locate the apps file that you installed before and click it to install. ONce that is done, you can reboot........

OK, Rebooting...

Cool, I saw a Crystal at the boot up: and now im going through the setup.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Now if you want to stay using ROM Manager, it would be worth your while and a few bucks to get the paid version of RM in the market as well. If you do that and once you are all set up, please make a backup of your system. You can do that through RM (if you have both paid and free).

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OK, Rebooting...

Cool, I saw a Crystal at the boot up: and now im going through the setup.

I believe Sapphire auto syncs your apps, if you have market, if possible turn on wifi and let it sit till you get a notification

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Also, real important. You cannot flash just any theme over sapphire. Once you have the paid version of RM, you can go into RM > download roms > look for bgill. There you will find compatible themes for sapphire. Also you can go into sapphire's thread here on the forums. YOu will find them in the Custom ROM section under cvpcs. there you can find other themes that you can download just as we have here and install using RM.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
Sweeeeett... I got the marketplace running, so Now I just have to download the ROM Manager and I can get everything right?

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
Also, real important. You cannot flash just any theme over sapphire. Once you have the paid version of RM, you can go into RM > download roms > look for bgill. There you will find compatible themes for sapphire. Also you can go into sapphire's thread here on the forums. YOu will find them in the Custom ROM section under cvpcs. there you can find other themes that you can download just as we have here and install using RM.

Cool, so I can ONLY download ROMs under cvpcs? Can I get a link please?

And one more question, the apps that I have already PAID for, can I get them back?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you go into the dowloads section of the market, are all your previously downloaded apps downloading?