DROID Switching bootup ICONS

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yup give it some time to download all your contacts and previous paid apps. then remember to get the paid version of RM and then you will be able to do a lot through there.

Remember my two tricks to make RM happy (cuz it can be tempermental)

1. clear download cache before downloading anything new (RM > menu > clear download cache);

2. If possible run WiFi when downloading anything.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, real important. You cannot flash just any theme over sapphire. Once you have the paid version of RM, you can go into RM > download roms > look for bgill. There you will find compatible themes for sapphire. Also you can go into sapphire's thread here on the forums. YOu will find them in the Custom ROM section under cvpcs. there you can find other themes that you can download just as we have here and install using RM.

Cool, so I can ONLY download ROMs under cvpcs? Can I get a link please?

And one more question, the apps that I have already PAID for, can I get them back?

You REALLY need to learn the difference between ROMs and Themes. Read link # 1 in my sig

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To find sapphire here on the forums ......... go to the Hacks section under there will be a section called Custom Roms and all the developers are listed. go to CVPCS they are the developer for sapphire and everything you want for sapphire is located there. This is a good rom and it is stable. Please also remember at this point you are looking for a theme, not another rom yet....

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you are good to go. I have to run (quitin time from work) so I am getting off the computer. If you are really stuck again, pm me (hover over my name and send me a private message) I get those on my phone and I will be able to jump back on and help you.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
To find sapphire here on the forums ......... go to the Hacks section under there will be a section called Custom Roms and all the developers are listed. go to CVPCS they are the developer for sapphire and everything you want for sapphire is located there. This is a good rom and it is stable. Please also remember at this point you are looking for a theme, not another rom yet....

Thanks A LOT guys, you were VERY Helpful, and now I am proud to be apart of a ROOTED DROID! Thanks again, and will see you guys around here on the forums! :icon_ banana:dancedroid:):)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats, and you're welcome, remember:

ALWAYS make a nandroid backup before you change anything else, and READ READ READ, before you do ANYTHING.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score

ALWAYS make a nandroid backup before you change anything else, and READ READ READ, before you do ANYTHING.

One more question: Am I allowed to download ANY Theme or does it have to be compatible?

For Example: Can I download this theme? FRG22_MotaBoy_D2_Black_Theme.zip

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

One more question: Am I allowed to download ANY Theme or does it have to be compatible?

Themes HAVE TO BE compatable with the ROM you are running at the time.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the link start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] to the Sapphire wiki. Read it! When you get to the release section click on the release you installed (1.0, I think). Read that from top to bottom. You will see a section for kernels and one for themes. You can install any of the kernels or themes listed.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike