Screen stays dark during & after call. No buttons work.

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
For the past week or so my Droid's screen hasn't been "waking up" after a call. This also happens during a call when I move the phone away from my ear. It doesn't happen every time, but at least once a day. None of the buttons respond either. The only way I have found to wake the phone back up is to slide out the keyboard. I have a screen guardz protector on my phone, do you think that could be messing up the proximity sensor? But I've had it on my phone for weeks before this started happening too though.

Any ideas or thoughts out there?

bandtank

Reaction score
the same thing has been happening to me lately. it will not wake up after a call when i pull it away from my head. very annoying. its not every time either, which makes it even more annoying. i do not have a screen protector.

Last edited:
OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Weird...I can't believe there has been some sort of update or something that caused this. It would be interesting to find out how many other people this has been happening to as well. Like I said, it just started happening about a week or so ago. The first couple weeks were fine, now all of a sudden it's doing this. Maybe some background application that could be hanging something up?

bandtank

Reaction score
Weird...I can't believe there has been some sort of update or something that caused this. It would be interesting to find out how many other people this has been happening to as well. Like I said, it just started happening about a week or so ago. The first couple weeks were fine, now all of a sudden it's doing this. Maybe some background application that could be hanging something up?

i uninstalled almost everything from the phone that i was allowed to get rid of and its still happening. i have a laundry list of problems with my phone. its starting to piss me off actually.

hkklife

Reaction score
This has been happening to my Droid ever since it was new (launch day) as well as 2 colleagues' phones. The VZW tech guy just brushed me off and said "remove the screen protector" before I told him it was doing this PRIOR to installing the protector. The telephony functionality is definitely the weakest part of the Droid. Are all Android devices this bad? I've had more than several occurences usually when placing/ending a call or initiating call waiting or 3-way calling that locked up my device so bad it necessitated a battery pull. This behavior isn't much better than the crusty old Palm OS Treos I am used to!

Selektaa

Reaction score
Same problem here, intermittently, the screen won't come back on after calls. I don't have a screen protector, either.

Last edited:

mcdroid

Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere on this site that will tell you how to fix this, I can't find it now, but it helped me.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I have a screen protector and this never happens. does pressing the power button wake it up?

meh8036

Reaction score
Return your Droid and get a new one before your 30 days are up... I had the same problems including random reboots... these are known problems from a "bad batch" of droids that were pushed out early. I got a new one after a couple weeks of dealing with that stuff... now my Droid works like i wished my last on did... so do yourself a favor and trade in for a new one... you will be very happy you did

bandtank

Reaction score
Return your Droid and get a new one before your 30 days are up... I had the same problems including random reboots... these are known problems from a "bad batch" of droids that were pushed out early. I got a new one after a couple weeks of dealing with that stuff... now my Droid works like i wished my last on did... so do yourself a favor and trade in for a new one... you will be very happy you did

i got my droid less than a week ago.

Kendall

Reaction score
Same problem here; I had to pull my battery.

I returned my first one and got a replacement ... so far so good. I've had each one about a week. My newer Droid is much faster, but still not what I had hoped. Screen protector is not a problem.

OT: Web browsing is horribly slow indoors/inside buildings etc.

Last edited:

S281

Reaction score
anybody had any success with a fix for this issue yet? this problem is so frustrating that i about threw it across the room. my phone just locks up, nothing works besides a battery pull to wake it. The biggest beat down is being on a call where you have to use the dial pad to work thru a menu system like for american airlines. the damn phone just wont turn on. :mad:

JohnEllison

Reaction score
I have the same problem and my 30 days is over. My phone goes blank during a telephone call and will not wake up.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
anybody had any success with a fix for this issue yet? this problem is so frustrating that i about threw it across the room. my phone just locks up, nothing works besides a battery pull to wake it. The biggest beat down is being on a call where you have to use the dial pad to work thru a menu system like for american airlines. the damn phone just wont turn on. :mad:
please list ALL your Apps and Widgets installed. Lets start there.

12master

Reaction score
is not the aplications,Im on my fourth droid ,and they all do the same,and off course now my 30 days are up!