Screen stays dark during & after call. No buttons work.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah, mine does it too, but the power button wakes it up. granted, sometimes i have to unlock it, but that's not a big deal to me. i'm just so thankful to be having THIS issue, as opposed to all the ones i had with my BB.

DebDroid

Reaction score
That has happened to me and I have to pull the battery. :( opening the keyboard doesn't work for me in that instance.

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
I brought mine to Verizon and they replaced it without any questions. But it was within the 30 days. So far, so good with the new one.

S281

Reaction score
OK, figured out more clues to what exactly caused this on my phone. If i'm indoors the sensor works fine and the phone wakes up from black screen once pulled away from head.

But if i'm outside in sunlight, as soon as i dial a number the screen goes black and nothing will wake it up unless you take it out of sunlight and move it indoors. And no, its not the screen getting washed out from sunlight. The phone screen locks up until you go indoors or the other person hangs up first. Btw, phone call stays active during black screen.

I took it in Saturday to the local Verizon store, and was over my 30 days (purchased on release day), but the manager was very cool, and gave me a brand new one. This is my 3rd Droid and finally this one is running flawless **knock on wood***

droid d'oh

Reaction score
I have had issues with this when running setCPU with a maximum sleep cpu setting below 250 Mhz, so when the phone attempts to answer a call it remains in this lowered cpu state and does not respond as quickly as it should (20-30 s slower). This only pertains to people who are rooted with this program.

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Mine was doing it with the barebones installed programs. It happened inside too, so there must have been an issue with that phone. My new one is working without issues so far.

zerosignal0

Reaction score
My three week old droid has been doing it occasionally as well. I have had enough of it today and am exchanging for another droid (3 days left before 30) WooHoo!