Screen powers off during calls

mongo22

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've searched around and haven't been able to find a resolution to this issue. I just received a replacement Motorola Droid after my first Droid had "Touch" issues.

New phone, more issues. During phone calls, after a second or two my phone completely turns off all functionality except the call itself. I can't turn it back on with any of the buttons (including the power button). The only thing that wakes it up is sliding out the keyboard. My screen timeout is set to 1 minute.

Have any of you experienced this or do you know how to fix this? Frustrating.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never experienced this myself and I have had my Droid since November with no returns or anything....but I believe I have seen this issue before on this forum, I'm sure someone will have a solution

JaxGuyWestside

Reaction score
Screen Goes Blank During Calls

I continually have this issue as well. It's especially irritating when I need to key in numbers like an extention or calling a company that uses a robot to route your call.

I've had my droid since it was available, and so far this is my only major complaint. I believe that the hard button on top of the phone should always turn the screen on or off regardless of any other settings.

Misterpipe

Reaction score
Check for updates for apps you have installed. I have had this problen intermittently but seems to resolve itself after some updates come through. Yes it is VERY irritating.

vash429

Reaction score
it has something to do with the small sensor. when a call starts the screen turns off. Also if u move ur face should turn back on. it only happened twice but for me it glitches and never turns back on when the call ended. I guess only a update can fix it or getting it replaced.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
have any of you ever had the phone completely restart while talking to someone on the phone? It happened to me for the first time last night.

JaxGuyWestside

Reaction score
I haven't. I've never really had any problems making or recieving calls. The only issue I have is with the screen going blank.

LT*

Reaction score
My first Droid had this issue, I dl'd Sensor test from the market, and checked the proximity sensor. From reading here, I found out that the number on the sensor should be at .33333blah blah when it's close to your face and 2.14 something when it's away from your face. Mine was stuck at .33333 all the time. I brought it in and had it swapped out for a new one. The proximity sensor was shot.

Mozuna01

Reaction score
i only see 2.14 when i put it close to my face...i dont see a .33333 anywhere.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Curious is some people that are having problems are using screen protects or cases? The VZW protectors have a small cut-out for the sensor in the top right. I've since switched to a Steinheil Crystal which doesn't have a cut-out but I could easily see how some cheap (off brand) screen protector could interfere with the sensor. Also could be possible for a poorly/cheap designed case to interfere a well.http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_67/products_id/998

choptop

Reaction score
blank screen

I have had this same issue since new, a little over a week, have not rooted or overclocked yet, have verizon screen protector. Does not do it all the time, sometimes I will put it up to may face, pull away and it still is blank, sometimes I will make a call from widget and it goes blank right away, have to pull out keyboard to get to light up and sometimes works perfect. Just made 5 calls to test, worked perfect every time. Who knows.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing this are you

A) using an auto call recorder

or

B) using setcpu and have the sleep behavior lower than 250Mhz?