black screen when ending a call

singingdiva56

Reaction score
My daughter is on her 3rd droid within just a couple of weeks. First it would drop calls and they said sensor was not working. Sent new phone - now the screen will not wake up when ending a call. The only way to get a screen is to slide open the key board. They are sending 4th phone- store says they have never heard of this problem. I also have a droid- with no problem. What gives. Store says it can not be fixed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah seems as if you had a bad string of droids. You can either get another droid or wait and get the new droids; ie, incredible or shadow.

Gafzini

Reaction score
Not sure if this the exact thing, but i seen issue where people had the screen not waking up simply because their thumb was over the sensor so the phone thinks it up to the callers ear.

The sensor is in the top left corner of the phone. This is easy to do with your left thumb. I pointed this out to someone with this problem and once they were conscious of what they were doing, they never had the problem again.

Have her check it out and see if that's it.

Vikam

Reaction score
Yeah i had the same thing happening to my first Motorola Droid, it was the proximity sensor that was bad, they replaced my phone and now i don't have that problem anymore.....so i would for sure complain about that and make sure you got one working right.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you might be able to get an incredible. my aunt scratched her screen they were out of droids so she paid and extra $99 and got an incredible.