Screen doesn't lock in calls..

jsteen

Reaction score
Hey, I've searched for other issues like this and haven't found any for the screen NOT locking during calls.

Does everyones Droid do this or just mine? When I'm in a call, holding the phone up to my face, the screen goes black then turns back on over and over. I've tried physically locking it with the lock button but the screen comes back on, even when I'm not moving the phone at all and it is just up to my face. I know it's supposed to "wake up" when I take the phone away from my face, but it seems to do this when it's up by my face too. I've had the phone for two weeks, and I've managed to hang up on every single phone call I've had because the screen won't lock and my cheek hits the "end call" button.

Any suggestions?

PyroManiac

Reaction score
Well

Jsteen,

The phone has a built in "Light sensor". To save battery, it will automatically turn off the screen when it goes close to your face, or during a call. When pressing the "Lock button" the phone will lock during a call if you wish. Pressing it once more will cause the screen to be off perminantly, or until you turn it back on. I have experienced some instances where the phone will turn back on after the caller hangs up, but not all the time.