During phonecall, droid vibrates and call goes on hold

dcmasta

Reaction score
In the middle of phone calls, the phone will vibrate or jolt and the screen brings up the phone menu where I can dial new numbers and such. The other call is still going and I can hear that person but they cant hear me. Only way to get the call back so they can hear me is by clicking on it through the notifications.

It seems as if my face pressed against the phone might be hitting buttons? I am unsure of the cause but is there anyway to lock the screen during a phone call so that other buttons are not being pressed? Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have long hair or sideburns?

Hair routinely messes with the proximity sensor.

OP
D

dcmasta

Reaction score
haha yes i do. I just recently started growing a beard also along with fairly long hair. I never would've thought of that, i'll try to test it out and see if thats the problem. Thanks for the help!

jigawatt

Reaction score
consider yourself lucky... mine always goes to search the web or ends calls all the time. Extremely frustrating. And that's regardless how still I hold the phone. Heck I even try to lock it but that doesn't work.

OP
D

dcmasta

Reaction score
Ya it ended a call once for me too, and dialed voicemail. Im hoping its just the hair thing and not something else thats doing it.