Droid hanging up on my phone calls

jappareti

Reaction score
Here's the problem: while on a phone call, the person on the other end will start to say that they can't hear me. I have full service and so do they. Then I hear a beep (the same beep you hear when you end a call) and my phone goes to sleep.

At first I thought this was because my face was touching my phone and I would accidentally hit the "end call" button with my cheek (my screen turns on even when it's next to my face.) Then it just happened to me while I was on speaker phone. I saw it happen, the phone just locked up, hung up my phone call and put my phone to sleep.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is my second droid. My first one wasn't able to make phone calls and it had this problem.

The calls aren't being dropped. If they were being dropped it would say "Call was lost" at the top of the screen.

I've tested my proximity sensor and it tests fine. It only acts up when I'm on a phone call.

Could there be an application that's causing my phone to act wacky during phone calls?

acarrera79

Reaction score
do you have an app killer?

If you have an app killer that runs automatically and motorola.hidden menu is not excluded you will lose the call when the phone is killed

there will be no log of the call

OP
jappareti

jappareti

Reaction score
If you have an app killer that runs automatically and motorola.hidden menu is not excluded you will lose the call when the phone is killed

there will be no log of the call

I don't have any app killers installed. The call is logged too. It's as if I hung the phone up, but I don't. It's almost like the droid has a mind of it's own... :icon_eek:

TomN

Reaction score
Your Droid does not wish for you to talk to the person. There must be a reason or your Droid wouldn't act this way. I would suggest you delete this person from your contact list before you anger your Droid and make it do something that you might regret.

But seriously, I haven't ever seen this problem. Very odd indeed.