Screen scratches easily

tc1

Reaction score
I had a thunderbolt and the screen scratched very easily.

I mean it had scratches where my thumb would scroll up and down and side to side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Shankville75

Reaction score
If it does not say Gorilla glass, it is NOT Gorilla Glass.

Kinda like krazy glue/super glue. Both do the same thing. Just one is advertised more. Just because it's not "Gorilla Glass" doesn't mean it isn't as scratch resistant. My niece has a sensation which has Gorilla Glass and her screen is scratched all to hell. I don't have a screen protector on my Rezound and I got it on day one. 0 scratches! Don't get caught up in product names, it's all a part of advertising aimed at people that think a "name" makes a product great.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

TheOldFart

Reaction score
do u even know what gorilla glass is or how it's even made....... Look gorilla glass is a great product but the only reason u even have any idea what it is because of all the advertising. there are other manufacturers that make the same exact thing if not better.. and more and more phones are not going to be using GG the nexus won't have it either.... If you base your phone purchase on what manufacturer of fortified glass is used then I feel sorry for u because that is beyond dumb!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

So from that statement I assume that you have actually seen the comparison test results of GG vs the better other glass. If not then you are just pulling that statement out of some body orifice. The fact is that we don't know if there is anything better than GG, or even equal to it. There might be better glass or the rest might be inferior. Until I see a real controlled test I don't believe anything that anyone says, and that includes Corning or any other manufacturer. In addition, a controlled test is not "My girlfriend's GG got scratched but my other glass doesn't have any scratches."

There are also other aspects besides the actual glass. My Droid doesn't have any scratches after 2 years, but then it doesn't have a coating on the glass. If a phone has some diamond hard glass, but the phone manufacturer puts a soft anti glare coating on it, then the coating will scratch. The glass underneath will be perfect, so it is not a deficiency in the glass that is the reason for the scratches. I suspect that many phones now have some coating on the glass, so the only thing that GG does for that phone is add impact resistance.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
So from that statement I assume that you have actually seen the comparison test results of GG vs the better other glass. If not then you are just pulling that statement out of some body orifice. The fact is that we don't know if there is anything better than GG, or even equal to it. There might be better glass or the rest might be inferior. Until I see a real controlled test I don't believe anything that anyone says, and that includes Corning or any other manufacturer. In addition, a controlled test is not "My girlfriend's GG got scratched but my other glass doesn't have any scratches."

There are also other aspects besides the actual glass. My Droid doesn't have any scratches after 2 years, but then it doesn't have a coating on the glass. If a phone has some diamond hard glass, but the phone manufacturer puts a soft anti glare coating on it, then the coating will scratch. The glass underneath will be perfect, so it is not a deficiency in the glass that is the reason for the scratches. I suspect that many phones now have some coating on the glass, so the only thing that GG does for that phone is add impact resistance.

+1

99% of the scratches people see on GG equipped phones is a result of the anti-glare coating being scratched. I had the issue with my D3, everything was fine, and then one day a few microscratches appeared, and I baby my phone like a newborn. So the next day I just bougth a screen protector and haven't looked back. :)

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

Shankville75

Reaction score
All advertising

+1

99% of the scratches people see on GG equipped phones is a result of the anti-glare coating being scratched. I had the issue with my D3, everything was fine, and then one day a few microscratches appeared, and I baby my phone like a newborn. So the next day I just bougth a screen protector and haven't looked back. :)

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone
That may be true, but saying just because a phone doesn't have GG, then its inferior is completely opinionated. I've worked with GG and other types of re-enforced glass and to be honest, there isn't much of a difference in them. Corning just goes the extra mile, providing a visual test that people can see and associate it with their product.

kparks

Reaction score
That may be true, but saying just because a phone doesn't have GG, then its inferior is completely opinionated. I've worked with GG and other types of re-enforced glass and to be honest, there isn't much of a difference in them. Corning just goes the extra mile, providing a visual test that people can see and associate it with their product.

Exactly +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys/gals are doing to/with your phones but through my 4 android phones, I've never had a single scratch and never used a case/protector. Yes I've dropped my phones(unfortunately) and yet still nothing. So maybe it's the luck of the draw and I just keep winning it.