Screen scratches easily

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Just because of this alone I may wind up returning it and not just an exchange (may have battery issues) I've already noticed a few light scratches in one area on the middle of my screen. When it is in my pocket, nothing else is even with the phone. i lay it face up everywhere and the ONLY thing that may have touched it is the charge cable. I'm so upset right now... 2 years with an OG and not a single scratch, 3 days with the Rezound and I see scratches.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Did you get the screen protector that they usually bundle with the phone? I never failed to get this. with the bionic though it really isn't needed. Been naked for a while...no scratches on my screen. but the verizon emblem on the bottom is cheaply etched on and is starting to chip away. Something you wont have to worry about with the Rezound. Return it and get a new one, but just don't delay on getting that screen protector.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i did a scratch test with keys...i got 0 scratches....yet 2 days in my pocket i get scratches!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

kparks

Reaction score
I don't understand why people pay 300 bucks for a phone and won't get a 6 dollar screen protector.. but anyway I'm not sure what they do to screens but all high dollar phones use gorilla glass or some form of it but they might put some type of coating on the screen its been posted all over DF of people upgrading from there naked OG droid and getting scratches even ppl that have dx or d3 so u take ur chances

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

androidgeek

Reaction score
I used my DX with no screen pro and it was fine and still is. I like the look and feel of the natural screen vs. with a screen pro. I got my Rezound last week and had it one day and I too noticed it does surface scratch very easily. Went back next day and picked up a pack. Stinks I know, I'd rather use it without and not have to cover that beautiful screen.

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I don't understand why people pay 300 bucks for a phone and won't get a 6 dollar screen protector.. but anyway I'm not sure what they do to screens but all high dollar phones use gorilla glass or some form of it but they might put some type of coating on the screen its been posted all over DF of people upgrading from there naked OG droid and getting scratches even ppl that have dx or d3 so u take ur chances

The screens look and feel much different with the protector on. I love the feel of the screen without one, but I'm not going to get more scratches.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Umm because you shouldn't have to. They advertise gorilla glass as scratch proof. And it turns out its not.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I just realized my ex wife may have scratched it. I showed it to her on Sunday and she still wears her ring, though on a different finger. I'd bet diamonds will scratch the glass.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I just realized my ex wife may have scratched it. I showed it to her on Sunday and she still wears her ring, though on a different finger. I'd bet diamonds will scratch the glass.

Or maybe she did it... ON PURPOSE! *DUN DUN DUN* What's the back story here? :D

Chazumi

Reaction score
You scwatched it! You picked it up in bwoad daylight and you scwatched it!! :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Umm because you shouldn't have to. They advertise gorilla glass as scratch proof. And it turns out its not.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

I've never heard it called Scratch proof that's a pretty big claim.... I've heard more scratch resistance..

kparks

Reaction score
The screens look and feel much different with the protector on. I love the feel of the screen without one, but I'm not going to get more scratches.

U need to find the right protector they all look and feel different and I'd still rather have one than have my screen scratched to hell.. steinheil works for my liking.

woodsie

Reaction score

Because its just a phone perhaps? My DX has gone naked since day one, been dropped many time, and still not scratch on the screen.

I prefer the form and function of an uncased phone with no SP. If I break it, big whoop. Its just a phone, I can always get another one. I own my phone, it doesn't own me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums