Screen scratches easily

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Umm because you shouldn't have to. They advertise gorilla glass as scratch proof. And it turns out its not.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Except they don't, the Rezound doesn't have Gorilla Glass.

kparks

Reaction score
Except they don't, the Rezound doesn't have Gorilla Glass.

It does not have gorilla glass.. but it just has a different brand but pretty much does the same thing..
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Because its just a phone perhaps? My DX has gone naked since day one, been dropped many time, and still not scratch on the screen.

I prefer the form and function of an uncased phone with no SP. If I break it, big whoop. Its just a phone, I can always get another one. I own my phone, it doesn't own me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Well some people can't run back to mommy and get her to buy them another phone..lol. jk.. but anyway not sure about u but 300 bucks is a lot of money to a lot of people most people don't have money to just replace phone after phone... But many will do there best not to put it in a situation where it will get damaged... calling them owned by there phone is kinda dumb.. I don't use a case on mine but I do use a screen protector.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It does not have gorilla glass.. but it just has a different brand but pretty much does the same thing..

I don't remember seeing anything confirming that the glass that it has is as good as GG or even close. Who manufactures the glass and what are its qualities? Without that info it cannot be compared to GG.

kparks

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing anything confirming that the glass that it has is as good as GG or even close. Who manufactures the glass and what are its qualities? Without that info it cannot be compared to GG.

All gorilla glass is, is fortified glass... And fortified glass is fortified glass the only reason we or most people know what gg is is that its shoved in our face all the time there are plenty other fortified glass manufacturers that are just as good if not better.. the galaxy nexus does not have gg either.. and corning is developing a new glass specifically for cell phones called lotus.

Last edited:

King_Bean

Reaction score
All gorilla glass is, is fortified glass... And fortified glass is fortified glass the only reason we or most people know what gg is is that its shoved in our face all the time there are plenty other fortified glass manufacturers that are just as good if not better.. the galaxy nexus does not have gg either.. and corning is developing a new glass specifically for cell phones called lotus.

Whatever the "fortified glass" is on the Rezound, it can't be as good as gorilla glass because I had my D1 for two years and it doesn't have one scratch. I've dropped it tons of times and 95% of the people who own D1s would say the same. And yet, the fortified glass on the Rezound has scratches after only a week or so of being released? Obviously, this glass is inferior.

hatchin

Reaction score
My local Verizon store just finally got the clear screen protectors in for the Rezound yesterday (I hate the antiglare because it makes the screen look blury) and I installed one and you can't even tell its there as far as clarity. Steinheil makes them for Verizon and they are one of the best companies so just get one of these and call it a day. A three pack is $12.99 and they are a static install so you won't have to put water on your phone like the zagg cover requires you to.

kparks

Reaction score
Whatever the "fortified glass" is on the Rezound, it can't be as good as gorilla glass because I had my D1 for two years and it doesn't have one scratch. I've dropped it tons of times and 95% of the people who own D1s would say the same. And yet, the fortified glass on the Rezound has scratches after only a week or so of being released? Obviously, this glass is inferior.
Alot of people that upgraded from there Droid 1 to a Droid x or x2 and even the Droid 2 have noticed scratches on there screen after having there d1 naked and no scratches and those devices all have gorilla glass. Just search the site... That's why I think it's some kind of coating on the screens now or something.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
My local Verizon store just finally got the clear screen protectors in for the Rezound yesterday (I hate the antiglare because it makes the screen look blury) and I installed one and you can't even tell its there as far as clarity. Steinheil makes them for Verizon and they are one of the best companies so just get one of these and call it a day. A three pack is $12.99 and they are a static install so you won't have to put water on your phone like the zagg cover requires you to.

+1 i just went and got some from verizon. they arent bad at all. not what i was expecting! its thick, not like the zagg and its super easy to install. i dont think i cant tell the difference vs naked to this screen protector. im happy with the 12.99 i spent. piece of mind is better as well(even though i might be trading this phone for a nexus).

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
+1 i just went and got some from verizon. they arent bad at not. not what i was expecting! its thick, not like the zagg and its super easy to install. i dont think i cant tell the difference vs naked to this screen protector. im happy with the 12.99 i spent. piece of mind is better as well(even though i might be trading this phone for a nexus).

What are u 1 upping im confused lol..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Umm because you shouldn't have to. They advertise gorilla glass as scratch proof. And it turns out its not.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
The Rezound does not have Gorilla Glass, my HTC Incredible does have Gorilla Glass and the screen still looks like I just took it out of the box almost two years of use with no screen protector. HTC went cheap on the glass with the Rezound, that is one reason I am not picking one up when I am due for an upgrade.

MECHANO

Reaction score
I've had my d3 since launch... naked everyday in my pocket. No scratches

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
If it does not say Gorilla glass, it is NOT Gorilla Glass.
do u even know what gorilla glass is or how it's even made....... Look gorilla glass is a great product but the only reason u even have any idea what it is because of all the advertising. there are other manufacturers that make the same exact thing if not better.. and more and more phones are not going to be using GG the nexus won't have it either.... If you base your phone purchase on what manufacturer of fortified glass is used then I feel sorry for u because that is beyond dumb!!

Last edited: