Screen Protector?

Reaction score
My invisible shield is the same as the day I got it. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind the Orange peel texture.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Beka27 said:
BUMP

What other screen protectors have people used and how are they holding up?

We bought the Clarivue SP on the recommendation of a member here. I have to say that this is by far the crappiest SP I've ever used. Application was a disaster (and I'm no stranger to SP application) and it has looked awful since I put it on. It's now filled with gouges and air bubbles. I need to replace it ASAP.

My clarivue screen protectors "on two phones", are smooth as butter with no bubbles at all, like I said smooth as butter, and NO gauges or scratches at all. Looks like you need help with the application.

Beka27

Reaction score
My clarivue screen protectors "on two phones", are smooth as butter with no bubbles at all, like I said smooth as butter, and NO gauges or scratches at all. Looks like you need help with the application.

I guess it's just a case of "YMMV". We ended up getting the Steinheil Ultra Clear (the new 4h hardness ones) and they are amazingly perfect. Application was flawless and I love how they are thicker but still have excellent sensitivity. We used (and loved) the Steinheil on our DXs, and it looks even more awesome on the S3s.

The Clarivue ones were a disaster from the get-go on both my phone and my husband's. I could see bad application being an issue on one, but when both are awful (and applied by two separate people), there's something else going on. Maybe we just got a bad pack?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sp's are as different as the people who use them. That's why there are so many..

Its like guitar players..everyone of em thinks they can do it better by doing it slightly different...

I spent over 100$ in screen protectors just before I became a mod... I slapped every kind of screen protector on I could get my hands on....

The cv is OK.. some people say its the best, steinheil ultras are OK too. Zagg.. too grippy, ghost armor, too pixelated for me, vzw protectors were so so.. the matte version is good bit is a little too frosty... armor x was OK..

I settled for military shields. I like em, my wife dropped a razr maxx screen first on a 70lbs dumbell and it gouged the screen protector... but the phone is fine. No scratch, crack, nodda...

Dumbells are solid... absolutely no give... that sold me on military shields permanently..they're now on every device I own.. full body kits... :thumbup:

MailboxHead

Reaction score
I guess it's just a case of "YMMV". We ended up getting the Steinheil Ultra Clear (the new 4h hardness ones) and they are amazingly perfect. Application was flawless and I love how they are thicker but still have excellent sensitivity. We used (and loved) the Steinheil on our DXs, and it looks even more awesome on the S3s.

The Clarivue ones were a disaster from the get-go on both my phone and my husband's. I could see bad application being an issue on one, but when both are awful (and applied by two separate people), there's something else going on. Maybe we just got a bad pack?

I just put this on a few days ago. I had one on my TBolt. I will say that the cutouts on the GS3 made the application MUCH more difficult that I had anticipated, but I think that's true of any SP going onto this phone, not just the Steinheil (though I will they had given just a little more wiggle room on the sides, I would have sweat a lot less putting it on).

Is it just me, or is this way more "streaky" and prone to finger printing than the prior ultra clears (it could be just me - it took me awhile to get a SP on so I got somewhat used to it being naked)?

Overall though, I've always had good luck with my Steinheil's. I've had them on four devices at this point and never been disappointed.

GambrelTC

Reaction score
I opted for Ghost Armor. I found it at a Kiosk in the mall. I first thought it was a little costly, but LOVE it! With the cost of the S3, you want to protect. Again, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof. The Ghost Armor feels like it may actually help with impacts that may crack. Whether you opt for GA or equivalent...I recommend you find something.

Wopback

Reaction score
GambrelTC said:
I opted for Ghost Armor. I found it at a Kiosk in the mall. I first thought it was a little costly, but LOVE it! With the cost of the S3, you want to protect. Again, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof. The Ghost Armor feels like it may actually help with impacts that may crack. Whether you opt for GA or equivalent...I recommend you find something.

2nd this.....

I use ghost armor on all my phones. Always 5$ after the 1st purchase. Which means they'll put a new one on if your phones replaced, new, etc.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I just got my SIII and installed the Zagg Invisishield HD. It is not as clingy and the regular shield & doesn't diminish picture quality. Nice crisp picture & lifetime warranty.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
squeekybigfoot said:
i got the zagg invisible shield, not too impressed feels a bit clingy but since i spent 15 dollars on a screen protector im not ready to just throw it away. Maybe the cling will wear off with use.

I just installed one too, Zagg. Clingy is the correct word. I had Verizon branded, 3 to a package kind, and they were not clingy. But they do get scuffed up and wear out quickly I think. Will see how the Zagg goes.

Has yours gotten and smoother under finger as yet?

I'm not liking the cling at all.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
droidrazrmaxx said:
I just installed one too, Zagg. Clingy is the correct word. I had Verizon branded, 3 to a package kind, and they were not clingy. But they do get scuffed up and wear out quickly I think. Will see how the Zagg goes.

I had the Zagg on my Rezound. I threw it away after a month cause of the clingy feel. On my S3 when I got it the person who previously owned my phone had a Zagg hd. I didn't like it because it had a orange peel to it. The feel was a little better but still a little clingy. Then I went with the spg ultra crystal clear screen protector. I really did a great job putting it on. No air bubbles and I aligned the screen protector very good. I love the feel. No clingy feel to it. From what I have read the best wet application screen protector out there with no orange peel affect and clingy feel to it is DBA "just like glass". And the best dry application screen protector is SPG ultra clear.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
crxlsturbo said:
I had the Zagg on my Rezound. I threw it away after a month cause of the clingy feel. On my S3 when I got it the person who previously owned my phone had a Zagg hd. I didn't like it because it had a orange peel to it. The feel was a little better but still a little clingy. Then I went with the spg ultra crystal clear screen protector. I really did a great job putting it on. No air bubbles and I aligned the screen protector very good. I love the feel. No clingy feel to it. From what I have read the best wet application screen protector out there with no orange peel affect and clingy feel to it is DBA "just like glass". And the best dry application screen protector is SPG ultra clear.

A big + though is with the Zagg I don't see the smudge marks from my fingers like I had before. A smudge magnet the Verizon branded critters were.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
droidrazrmaxx said:

I've had the Zagg a couple days now.

The cling is there but i guess I've gotten used to it. It's annoyance level has diminished some what.

Screen cleared up good, i.e. minor bubbles, imperfections etc.

By far the biggest deal, a BIG plus, is the lack if dirty finger prints and tracks. It really is nice not to have that junk on the screen.

So, so far so good.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
So I got really sick of the streaky factor on my Steinheil, and because I have an Amazon Prime account and an Amazon problem, decided to give the ArmorSuit Military Shield a try. I got the one with the front and back protector. The back was a pain to put on and took FOREVER because I had to hold it in place while it dried, but figured "Eh, might as well."

I'd never done a wet-app before, and it was so much easier to do than I thought it would be. That said, some questions. I've had it for about a month now. When I put it on I didn't see any bubbles, but when it dried it looked like there were a few little warped spots. It said they'd go away with time, but they never really have. Plus, it looks "beat up" all the time. Is that part of how it takes its hits? I don't do video on it, and when the screen is on it doesn't look bad, but I do feel the little bumps that go away and come back all the time. It bills itself as "self-healing" so I'm assuming those are nicks that it gets that they go away, but my phone has a pretty charmed life. It has its own pocket in my purse and doesn't get roughed up ever. Is this what everyone else sees?

Pros: little to no streaking. Easy application (for the front). Feels really nice (minus the bumps).

Cons: Looks beat up all the time. Looks perfect when I set it to dry, but had some bumps that never went away. My "back" application looks perfect, so I can't believe I messed up the front that much. Oh, and when I put my case on (I know, I just put the back on because I wanted the OPTION of going caseless. I'm whacky like that) it made some small bubbles in the corner on the front pushing it up, but they're not too bad.