Is the screen just hopeless without a protector??

vikramsingh

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my Gnex. I had heard nasty things about it's screen getting scratched easily so I had ordered a screen protector along with it. Did not use a protector on my last phone D2G. I had gorilla glass and despite rough usage, it never got scratched.

My problem is, the screen protector I got - this one - Amzer® Anti-Glare Screen Protector with Cleaning Cloth makes the whole screen look horrible. I mean it adds all sorts of chromatic aberrations...like lot of rgb noise...(don't know best way to explain it). And now I want to get rid of it.

If anyone has been using Gnex without screen protector, can you tell me your experience? Is the phone sure to get scratched without protection? I have read people seeing scratches despite being very careful as if the glass is made of cheap plastic. Could it be really that bad? Come on it is fortified if not GG...

I will be using the phone with a back hard case and mostly in a pocket of my bag or jacket. Not likely to be pulling in an out of my jeans as my work is mostly about sitting at one place :) Can I survive a few months without scratches or is it just hopeless?

Thanks everyone.
Cheers!

kookk

Reaction score
I have one small scratch that is only viewable in direct light after 6 months. If I'm correct, most scratches are actually on the coating on the glass which can be repairs easily with sprays or whatever they are, and not in the actual glass itself.

bheath101

Reaction score
oh yeah

i was lazy and didnt put a screen protector on mine even tho i had them, and now my gnex is all scratched up. what really did it is that i broke my belt clip and started putting it in my pocket, and it was getting scratched by the tips of my pens i was putting in the same pocket.

???

Reaction score
I've had mine since release, never a screen protector and no scratches at all. but i also know better than to put my phone in my pocket with other sharp metal things.

don't rub the screen on other things like your keys or something and you will be just fine.