Gorilla Glass and screen protectors?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Not worth chancing... get a screen protector not zagg they suck...

Did you apply yours incorrectly in the past, or something?...InvisibleShields are amazing. Look how many of their user reviews are 4/5 star...

Last edited:

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I've used screen protectors and I've been going with out for the last couple weeks.

I like them for the "just in case" factor. I prefer the way they handle fingerprints better (they dont seem to get as dirty as quick as the naked glass) I can't stand the way I always manage to get a dust particle or two in between the glass and the film.

ctxx24

Reaction score

Did you apply yours incorrectly in the past, or something?...InvisibleShields are amazing. Look how many of their user reviews are 4/5 star...

They have the orange peel tint to them which i hate...also i dont like liquid screen protectors dry ones are much better imo

mcfizzled

Reaction score
there is no need for protectors you would be wasting money and may not function as good as not having one.

I disagree. My first droid got scratched on the front glass from keys while in my pocket. My second had no scratches after I put a screen protector on it, and had it in my pocket with keys.

Im on my third, use a protector. My friend with a droid and no screen protector has a few scratches.

To answer your question OP..you can get them for a few dollars and they can guarantee your glass wont get scratched. Call verizon and ask if they will do the same without a protector. They do help.

why would anyone put their phone in the same pocket as their keys? jw.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3

They have the orange peel tint to them which i hate...also i dont like liquid screen protectors dry ones are much better imo

I've used two on two different phones and the liquid was clear with no discernible tint when I applied it, personally. o_O

soba1

Reaction score
If u are gonna be hanging out at the beach a lot then yes sand scratches.
I have gone naked with my Droid pretty much I keep it covered and have that hard rubber case not a scratch......
Naked glass feels much better

supersaki

Reaction score
Erron;596583I disagree. My first droid got scratched on the front glass from keys while in my pocket. My second had no scratches after I put a screen protector on it said:
Same thing happened to me :cus:

I try not to keep my phone in the same pocket as my keys, but I don't always pay attention to everything in my pockets/which pocket my keys are in. Granted, it is just a small scratch near the speaker and LED, but it is there. Ironically, I dropped my phone and accidentally kicked it across the sidewalk, and the screen was fine after that (although the metal is scratched).

The real question you need to answer is whether you will be bothered by a few tiny scratches.

I am :angry:

The screen is much more resilient than the one on my old Touch Pro, but it is by no means scratch-proof.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I agree with pro-screen protecters. I though just by the cheapy one off ebay - 3 for 1.99 free shipping dancedroid. I keep my droid in my pocket sans keys, however I also let my 4 year old son use it to play games and whatnot. so I want all the extra protection I can get. I have not though seen any difficultly in use with any apps, I use swype with no probelms. I would better be safe than have a sratched screen. just my 2 cents....

bobthefrog

Reaction score
"Especially hope it holds up with Swype, my friend's Inc has a bunch of tiny scratches from using Swype on his phone."

What the hell was he swyping with??

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use a screen protector. Why risk a scratch on your expensive phone when you can just put a protector that doesn't take away aesthetics/responsiveness? People argue "It's gorilla glass", well, there are things out there that can scratch gorilla glass.

erinsarah

Reaction score
droid X screen is scratched already!

Can I say that everyone is saying how the droid screen will nto scratch easily.. etc etc etc... I JUST got to work and lokoed at my screen adn there is 1 line of 3 tiny scratched in it. NO IDEA what did it, as I'm uber careful wtih it wherever I go. I dont put it near my keys.. it may have been the zipper from a shirt that i layed on my bed lastnight.. no clue. Does anyone knwo fi there is some sort of screen warranty or anything? or how I could get this fixed ro what I could do? I WILL not be buying a screen protector since my screen scratched so easily. VZW told me not to bother with a protector either because of the gorilla glass.